Rheem hot water system replacement and installation.
We were contacted by a customer early one morning who lived in an apartment in Mosman on Sydney’s Lower North Shore, whose old electric hot water system had suddenly stopped working.
Over the phone, John tried to ascertain the age of her current hot water system and it became clear it was very old – perhaps 20+ years old. An appointment was made to attend the property mid-morning to get the customer back enjoying trouble-free hot water ASAP.
Once onsite, John could see that the existing Rheem electric hot water system located in a cupboard in the laundry was very old. He hadn’t seen one of these for a long time!
Unfortunately, repairing hot water heaters of this age is more expensive than replacing them with a new one because parts are no longer manufactured.
Whilst the customer wasn’t ecstatic she would have the unexpected cost of a new hot water system that day, John explained that she has received excellent value for money out of her old hot water heater. Hopefully, this eased her concerns.
Within the hour, John had drained the old hot water system, removed it and installed a brand new Rheem Compact (model 191045) in the same location. Additionally, a new tempering valve was installed to ensure AS3500 Plumbing Code compliance.
With the hot water switched back on and the hot water heating up, the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water within a few hours.
Hot water system replacement job particulars
- Attend the Mosman apartment to assess problems with the existing Rheem electric hot water system.
- Inspect the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the electrical supply to the system and retest at system with external issues.
- Supply and install a new Rheem Compact electric hot water system (model 191045) in the same location.
- Install new tempering value to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Codes.
- Reconnect the new hot water system to the power circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect to the hot and cold water pipework.
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Remove and recycle the old hot water tank.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
NO HOT WATER?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Based at Warriewood on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today.
Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for the helpful advice you can trust. We offer fast, same-day assistance to all Sydney suburbs.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across the North Shore and the entire Sydney metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.