Heat pump installation.
We recently replaced a Petersham (Inner West) customer’s old Rinnai instantaneous gas hot water system with a new energy-efficient Rheem heat pump. The customer took advantage of the generous solar rebates currently available and saved thousands on the purchase and installation of the new heat pump. They were ecstatic!
The customer’s old Rinnai instantaneous gas hot water system had started playing up and they had been experiencing inconsistent hot water. Because the repair wasn’t an emergency situation (i.e. no hot water or a burst hot water system), we arranged to attend the property the next morning.
The customer had expressed over the phone that they had been thinking of switching from gas hot water to another hot water system. Increasing gas prices and the rising cost of living had got them thinking about what they could do to save money on their household bills.
John explained that, with the generous Government solar rebates currently available, the customer could replace their old gas hot water system and upgrade to a new energy-efficient heat pump – saving thousands on the purchase and installation of the new hot water system. The customer was excited to proceed.
To make the switch from gas hot water to the new heat pump, first John had to drain and remove the old Rinnai wall-mounted instant hot water system.
With a new Rheem 551270 solar heat pump in the truck, John installed the new system immediately.
Rheem Ambiheat Heat Pump
The Rheem Ambiheat HDc270 heat pump (Model 551270) has an impressive 270 litre capacity and is suitable for households of 5 people. New generation, smart technology makes this heat pump an energy-efficient alternative where a traditional solar hot water system may not be suitable. The Rheem heat pump doesn’t rely on direct sunlight to heat your hot water but instead uses the heat from the surrounding air. The Rheem Ambiheat heat pump is a reliable, efficient and sustainable way to reduce your water heating energy consumption.
At the Petersham home, John had to install new pipes and valving, including a new tempering valve, which was required to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code. The new heat pump was then connected to the existing hot and cold pipework. A new hot water safety breaker and isolating switch was installed in the customer’s meter box (as per safety regulations) and a new circuit connected the new heat pump using external conduit.
For safety, John capped off the old gas supply. The site was cleaned up of any associated rubbish and the old gas hot water system was taken away for recycling.
The benefits of switching from instant gas hot water to a heat pump hot water system.
Heat pumps use approximately 60% less electricity than a conventional electric hot water system offering significant savings on your electricity bills. They create less CO2 emissions than a typical gas water heater thereby reducing your carbon footprint.
Powered by electricity, heat pumps take warmth from the air to heat the water, operating much like a reverse-cycle air conditioner in winter. Heat pumps extract heat from the air outside, heating the water and storing it in a tank. Using smart technology to efficiently transfer thermal energy directly from the surrounding air into the water, means heat pumps don’t have to rely on direct sunlight or fossil fuels to provide the energy source.
The benefits of hot water heat pumps
- Heat pumps are an ideal replacement option for an electric water heater as they will often use existing plumbing
- Heat pumps are a great alternative to solar where unshaded, north-facing or limited roof space is a problem as they don’t require the installation of roof-mounted solar collectors.
- Heat pumps can attract solar rebates and incentives. Ask us for more information.
- Heat pumps consume about 1/3 the electricity of traditional electric water heaters.
Need hot water advice?
Perhaps you’re feeling the economic pinch caused by rising gas prices or you want to do your part for the environment and to replace your gas hot water system with a more energy-efficient solar hot water system or heat pump? Perhaps your old gas hot water system isn’t working correctly and you need it replaced with a new one? Whatever your hot water requirements, we can help.
We offer fast service to all Sydney suburbs and our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with a huge range of replacement hot water systems, to ensure you’re enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly. We are accredited hot water system installers for all brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
Hot water emergency? Ask about our same day emergency hot water service.
Contact our friendly team for friendly and helpful advice.
** Don’t waste money employing multiple trades **
Did you know that the installation of a new hot water system typically requires the installation of plumbing, gas and electric components?
This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician. At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Cheapa Solar Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.