Sydney commercial hot water system repairs, maintenance and installations.
Commercial solar hot water system installation
A commercial solar system normally involves a mix of both solar and conventional water heating.
With the size of the latter being sufficient to provide all the hot water demands for the project under the most adverse weather conditions expected. In most states of Australia, it is now normal for design engineers in both private organisations and government to thoroughly investigate the feasibility of solar water heating for all new projects.
The different types of commercial hot water systems
- Continuous Flow Commercial Hot Water Systems
- Continuous Flow Commercial System with Storage Tank
- Commercial Gas Hot Water Systems
- Commercial Solar Hot Water Systems
- Commercial Electric Hot Water Systems
- Commercial Warm Water Systems
- Commercial Heat Pumps
- Commercial Heater Exchangers
- Commercial Storage Tanks
Further reading : More information about the different types of commercial hot water systems »
Rheem Commercial Hot Water Heaters
For heavy duty or industrial applications, Rheem can now offer two basic types of systems that will meet the demands of most hot water applications.
Commercial gas hot water systems
Rheem Heavy Duty Gas water heaters have been designed to be used whenever large quantities of hot water are required. The cylinder is protected by multiple anodes and a double layer of vitreous enamel provides long life protection. Multi-fin technology and electronic ignition is included on the indoor and outdoor 265 & 275 models.
The Multi-fin tube technology is at the heart of Rheem revolutionary design which has optimised fin positioning and increased flue surface area. This means more horsepower with increased thermal efficiency for less space. So, if you require a water heater which is flexible, efficient and economical to run, the Rheem Heavy Duty model is for you.
Hourly Thermal Input (MJ)
1st Hour Delivery (L)
Outdoor or Room Sealed
Commercial electric hot water systems
With an hourly recovery rate of up to 620 litres of hot water @ 50°C rise, the Rheem Heavy Duty electric range has been designed to be used whenever a large quantity of hot water is required. The Heavy Duty electric range is suitable for both indoor and/or outdoor installations.
The cylinder is constructed from a special grade of steel and protected by two coats of a specially developed vitreous enamel and a larger, thicker anode. CFC free polyurethane foam insulation ensures heat losses are kept to a minimum. For high temperature applications such as sanitising, the Rheem Heavy Duty models have thermostats adjustable to 82°C
Maximum Input (kW)
1st Hour Delivery (L)
Commercial hot water system servicing
Has the UV system on your commercial hot water system been serviced lately?
To maintain optimal performance of any commercial HWS, and to ensure the UV system is achieving the correct level of disinfection, it’s important to service it regularly.
Each component of your commercial hot water UV system has a recommended replacement schedule to ensure optimal performance.
Commercial hot water UV maintenance schedules
Recommended replacement time : annually (8,000 – 16,000 hours depending on type)
UV disinfection organisations promote their UV lamps as having a particular lamp life.
Although a UV lamp may appear to be working past its lamp life, its disinfection capability decreases due to a reduction in generated UV-C light. In general, a UV lamp’s intensity at the end of its lamp life has been reduced by 20% compared to a new lamp.
In addition to UV lamps being replaced, controller lamp timers need to be reset and UV intensity monitors need to be re-calibrated where applicable.
Recommended replacement time : every 2 years
The condition of a quartz sleeve plays a vital role in how well the UV light can penetrate the water or liquid.
A dirty quartz sleeve blocks UV light from reaching the water, reducing the UV intensity in the UV reactor, resulting in a decreased UV dose. This increases the likelihood of pathogens passing through the UV reactor and not being adequately treated which is especially dangerous in potable or food and beverage applications. Quartz sleeves may become dirty to the point that they cannot be cleaned after 2 years and they also become brittle.
It must be noted that quartz sleeves should be inspected at regular intervals during the initial operation of a new hot water system. This will give an indication of the cleaning frequency required and will establish if further pre-treatment is required to prevent quartz sleeve fouling. Another indication of a potentially fouled quartz sleeve is a UV intensity monitor. A drop in UV intensity may indicate a dirty quartz sleeve.
QUARTZ O-RING SEALS
Recommended replacement time : annually
The O-ring that creates the seal to prevent water from entering the quartz sleeve needs replacing each time the quartz sleeve is removed for cleaning.
This should be annually as a minimum requirement.
Failing to replace the O-ring will increase the chances of water reaching the lamp, resulting in lamp failure.
Depending on the system model, there may also be additional service actions required such as replacing quartz wiper blades. Manuals provided for each UV system model must always be followed.
For more information about commercial hot water system service and maintenance, contact our hot water specialists on 1800 266 999 for assistance.
We provide reliable commercial hot water service and maintenance solutions for housing estates, retirement villages and businesses across all Sydney suburbs.
We are the Sydney commercial hot water specialists
We are the Sydney commercial hot water specialists and preferred service technicians for all major manufacturers including Rheem, Rinnai, Thermann, Everhot and more.
We can repair and service all commercial hot water systems including gas, solar, electric, instantaneous, heavy-duty, warm water and continuous flow systems.
- Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in businesses across Sydney.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 20 years experience each.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- Cheapa Hot Water Sydney is a local Australian family owned business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- We pride ourselves on fast, same day service for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems.
- Free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.