Emergency hot water heater repairs Campbelltown.
We were recently contacted by a customer in Campbelltown whose large, internal gas hot water system had stopped working. We organised to attend the property at 10am to diagnose and fix the problem.
Once onsite, our local Campbelltown hot water specialist, Andrew, observed immediately that the pilot light of the old Rheem hot water heater was not working.
The pilot light inside a gas hot water heater must remain alight at all times. This small flame lights the main burner whenever the water in the tank needs heating. If the pilot light has gone out, then the burner will not ignite, and you will not have hot water. If you run out of hot water, it may be because the pilot flame has gone out and thus there is no way for the main burner to be relit. This could occur for a number of reasons such as strong winds, gas maintenance work carried out in the street or an empty LPG cylinder.
You can relight the pilot light following the instructions in the water heater owner’s manual or contact our friendly team for assistance. We’re always happy to assist.
The hot water tank was leaking, extinguishing the pilot light.
Upon further inspection, Andrew discovered that the tank was leaking which was extinguishing the pilot light flame – it wasn’t simply a matter of relighting the pilot light.
Unfortunately, there is no economical option when it comes to repairing the internal tank of a hot water heater when it starts leaking. It’s just something that can happen over time when the hot water heater gets old and corrosion starts occurring. The most cost-effective solution was to replace the old gas hot water system and install a new one.
The customer’s gas hot water system was installed in a cupboard inside the home. It’s important to mention that internal gas hot water systems require specialist expertise. All Cheapa Hot Water service technicians have the relevant experience and qualifications to repair and install internal gas hot water heaters so it wasn’t a problem for Andrew to remove the old heater and install a new one.
The installation of the new system provided an opportunity for the customer to upgrade to a larger storage tank so they could enjoy longer showers and run multiple appliances at the same time without running out of hot water.
Andrew carefully emptied the water from the old tank in preparation for its removal. With internal hot water systems, special care needs to be taken during this process.
With the old system drained and disconnected, Andrew was able to install the new Rheem Stellar 360 (160 litre / model 850360) back in the same location as the old heater.
Within a few hours, the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water, with a larger storage capacity that better accommodated the hot water usage requirements of their growing household.
Particulars of this Campbelltown hot water system repair
- Attend the Campbelltown property to diagnose problems with internal gas hot water heater not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Isolate the old Rheem gas hot water heater from the gas supply at the isolation valve.
- Inspect and test the burner assembly, thermocouple and unitrol valve.
- Find internal leak in the hot water tank, determine it was extinguishing the pilot light flame.
- Supply and install new Rheem Stellar 360 gas hot water system in the same location as the old heater.
- Install new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Reconnect to the existing gas supply.
- Adjust and reconnect the hot and cold water pipework.
- Recommission the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site of any associated rubbish.
- Take away and recycle the old hot water heater.
For fast hot water heater repair
We offer fast service to residential and commercial properties in Campbelltown and surrounding suburbs. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with spare parts and a huge range of replacement hot water systems to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly.
Hot water emergency? Ask about our same day emergency hot water service.
Contact our friendly team for friendly and helpful advice.
The Rheem Stellar 360 gas hot water heater is a premium system that is both energy efficient and offers fast replacement of hot water used. Its 5-star energy efficiency rating reduces gas bills. With a 200 litre per hour hot water recovery capacity and 360-litre first-hour capacity, means you have the luxury of waiting less time between showers. Additionally, you can have multiple taps running at the same time without losing mains pressure.
Money saving — 5 Star gas energy efficiency helps save on gas bills
A Premium 5 Star energy efficient water heater, to help save money.
Replaces hot water as it’s used faster than any other Gas water heater, making it ideal for families.
High 200L per hour hot water recovery providing a massive 360L first hour capacity — so it’ll meet the needs of the largest family.
Suitable for connection to natural gas
Made in Australia
- Model: Rheem 850360
- Type: Gas (Natural)
- Size: Large (6 persons)
- Capacity: 160 litre
- Location: Outdoor
- Energy Rating: 5 star
- 10 year cylinder warranty*
- 3 years labour warranty on the cylinder*
- 1 year parts and labour warranty on all other components for domestic (non-commercial) installations *
* Warranty conditions may apply.
Cheapa Hot Water Campbelltown
The benefits of dealing with dedicated hot water specialist plumbers
Our experienced, licensed hot water installers, in fully equipped trucks, are on the road right now in the Campbelltown area to ensure your hot water heater problems are fixed quickly. We offer fast hot water repair, replacement and installation service to Campbelltown residential and commercial customers.
- Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install over 4,000 hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney metropolitan area.
- As one of Campbelltown’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our qualified and licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- Cheapa Hot Water Campbelltown is an Australian, family owned business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- We pride ourselves on fast service for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems.
- Free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
We provide fast hot water help to residents and businesses in the Campbelltown LGA and surrounding suburbs including Airds, Ambarvale, Blair Athol, Blairmount, Bow Bowing, Bradbury, Campbelltown, Claymore, Denham Court, Eagle Vale, Englorie Park, Eschol Park, Gilead, Glen Alpine, Glenfield, Green Valley, Gregory Hills, Harrington Park, Hinchenbrook, Ingleburn, Kearns, Kentlyn, Leumeah, Liverpool, Long Point, Macarthur Heights, Macquarie Fields, Macquarie Links, Menangle Park, Minto, Minto Heights, Raby, Rosemeadow, Ruse, St Andrews, St Helens Park, Varroville, Wedderburn and Woodbine.