North Shore solar hot water repair at Lane Cove.
We recently received a phone call from Jackie at Lane Cove who was having problems with her Apricus solar hot water system. When John, our senior hot water plumber (and Cheapa Hot Water business owner), took the call he thought to himself “this customer doesn’t seem to have much faith in tradespeople“. And it was with good reason…
Before calling us, Jackie had contacted one of the large jack-of-all-trades franchise groups asking them to send out a hot water repair technician to look at her solar HWS which wasn’t heating. As is often the case, rather than sending out a licensed hot water plumber, two “salesmen” arrived and informed Jackie that her hot water heater was beyond repair and needed replacing. They explained that not only did she need a new hot water tank but all the piping and electrics also needed to be replaced – at a cost of $7,500!! They then pressured Jackie into paying a $1,000 deposit as they only had a 30 minute window to purchase the new solar system on her behalf.
Thankfully Jackie was smart enough to seek a second opinion and called us.
When John took the call, he happened to be working locally on the North Shore so suggested he stop by and inspect the solar hot water heater for himself. So, on a rainy Wednesday afternoon, John (with Jackie holding the umbrella sheltering them both from the rain) ascertained that the problem could be fixed right there and then for only $450! The wiring at the bottom of the hot water system had simply burnt out and some parts needed replacing. A very simple fix.
Any licensed hot water plumber would have very quickly recognised this to be the problem within a few minutes of inspecting the system. There was no excuse whatsoever for the previous “tradesmen” (and we use that term very loosely) to recommend the installation of a new solar hot water system.
Sadly, we encounter cases like this all the time. Unwitting customers are conned every day by shrewd salesmen masquerading as tradespeople. They bamboozle unsuspecting customers with tech talk and lead them believe they don’t have any other option but to replace their hot water system. Why do they do this? Our guess is they must receive a hefty commission from their employers for upselling, giving them a financial incentive.
The moral to the story… don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion and always employ licensed, reputable tradespeople.
For solar hot water repairs and replacement advice
Same Day Solar Hot Water Repairs Sydney
Solar hot water is our business. We are the Sydney solar hot water experts. We are authorised installers and repair technicians for all the solar hot water heater brands. Our solar systems are competitively priced because we purchase large quantities direct from the manufacturers – a saving we can pass on to our customers.
The benefits of dealing with dedicated hot water specialist plumbers
Our experienced, licensed hot water installers, in fully equipped trucks, are on the road right now to ensure your hot water heater problems fixed quickly – today! We service all Sydney suburbs and the Central Coast.
- Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install over 4,000 hot water systems in Sydney homes and businesses.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- Cheapa Hot Water is an Australian, family-owned business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- We pride ourselves on fast, same day service for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems.
- Free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.