Hot water heater repairs Liverpool. Sydney wide assistance.
We received a call from a customer based in Liverpool whose old electric hot water system had started leaking. The hot water system was located inside the property, in the laundry. Whilst water wasn’t gushing out of the tank, for obvious reasons, a leaking hot water system inside your home is always cause for concern.
Over the phone, our hot water specialist John explained to the customer how to turn off the water supply to prevent the tank for continuing to refill. Within an hour, John was onsite to assist the customer.
Remove and replace old electric hot water system
The existing system was very old and all the plumbing pipes leading to the hot water heater had corroded and was in need of replacement. It’s little wonder the customer was able to turn off water supply to the heater as the tap was extremely hard to turn it was sold old and corroded.
Install new Rheem hot water system
Unfortunately, the existing electric hot water system was extremely old and repairing it would be more trouble than installing a new model. After discussing with the customer the hot water usage of the household, John recommended a new Rheem 491 electric hot water system (125 litre).
Whilst onsite, John was able to install a new tempering valve to comply with Australian Standards. A faulty duo valve and new plumbing was also installed. See photo above. Within no time, the customer was back enjoying trouble free hot water and should do so for many years to come.
- Attend the customers home at Liverpool to replace existing electric hot water system
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate electrical supply to the system and retest the system with external devices.
- Drain and remove the old electric hot water system.
- Supply and install a new electric Rheem 491 Series hot water system back in the same location in the laundry
- Install a new tempering valve, to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code (Australian Standards).
- Replace faulty and leaking duo valve.
- Reconnect to existing power circuit.
- Replace pipework, adjust and reconnect to hot and cold pipework.
- Commission and test system.
- Disposal and recycling of the old tank.
- Clean up the site and dispose of any rubbish.
Emergency hot water assistance
No hot water? Running out of hot water? Leaking hot water system? With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater.
Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble free hot water today.
Don’t hesitate to contact John for helpful advice you can trust.
Rheem 491 HWS Product Features
Rheem’s energy efficient electric hot water systems come in a range of sizes and capacities to suit the hot water requirements of all residential and commercial applications. Since 1939, generations of Australian families have relied on a Rheem hot water system for “steady, hot and strong” hot water.
The Rheem 491 series of electric hot water heaters is available in 125 litre, 250L, 315L and 400L capacities to suits small to large sized families
- Easy Like for Like replacement – common footprint and fitting locations to older model electric water heaters ensures an easy changeover
- Mains pressure at multiple taps
- Dual handed fittings – provides installation flexibility
- Commercial grade enamel – provides tougher, longer lasting finish than standard domestic enamels
- Thicker sacrificial anode – provides additional protection for cylinder against water borne contaminants
- Twin element model available – provides a daytime boost for high demand hot water use
- Suitable for connection to lower cost tariffs – resulting in lower running costs
- Manufactured in Australia
- Warranty: 10 year warranty on the cylinder* and 3 year parts on labour on cylinder, and 1 year parts and labour (non-commercial) installations (warranty conditions apply – ask us for more information).