Chatswood hot water. Gas, solar and electric.
We were contacted by a new customer at Chatswood, on Sydney’s Lower North Shore, who noticed a gas smell coming from their Rheem gas hot water heater. The customer also reported that they had recently been running out of hot water.
When the call came through, our hot water specialist Steve was working on a new hot water heater installation in nearby North Sydney. After completing the installation, Steve headed over to the customer at Chatswood.
Once onsite, Steve ran a series of tests on the Rheem gas hot water system (model:850330) and, within a few minutes, he noticed a small gas leak on the pilot flame pipe. Whilst there, Steve completed a service of the hot water system to check all other parts where operating correctly.
Why the installation location is important for gas hot water heaters.
The customer reported that the pilot flame frequently ‘blew out’ and needed to be relit. Steve noticed that the gas hot water heater had been installed in a very draughty location on the southern side of the house. It was likely the wind was blowing out the pilot flame.
This was a great example of the importance of choosing a suitable location when installing a new hot water system. As hot water specialists, we would never have installed a gas hot water heater in this location where it was prone to high winds that could cause pilot flame problems.
Additionally, the hot water system had been installed too close to a brick wall. This made it impossible for Steve to undertake all the necessary checks required to fully service the customer’s gas hot water system.
These factors combined indicated that the system had been installed by someone with little hot water heater installation experience.
Lucky for this Chatswood customer, the inaccessible parts were still working correctly. In the future, should these parts fail, the hot water system will need to be removed from its current location to allow access. This will add considerable time and expense – both of which could have easily been avoided had the installation been initially completed correctly.
Another indicator of the hot water system not being installed by an experienced hot water specialist.
Need gas hot water heater assistance?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to provide our customers with helpful advice so they make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing their hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for the helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water North Shore + Northern Beaches
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?