Around 17 years ago, we installed a gas instantaneous hot water system at this townhouse in Gymea, in Sydney’s Sutherland Shire. The customer hadn’t encountered any problems however, on this particular day, it decided to stop producing hot water.
When the customer called, hot water specialist John ran him through a series of checks over the phone. With gas instantaneous hot water systems, it can often be a matter of applying a simple fix and you’re back enjoying hot water again. Unfortunately, in this instance, the simple fixes didn’t work so John organised a time to visit the customer at the Gymea property that afternoon.
Once onsite, John ran a series of tests and checks which uncovered that multiple problems existed, making it uneconomical to repair. With spare parts no longer being manufactured for almost all, older instantaneous hot water systems, the only option is to replace them with a new one. The good news is new instantaneous hot water systems are more efficient and economical to run making them kinder on your hip pocket and the environment.
John discussed with the customer their household hot water usage requirements and determined that a similar capacity hot water system would suffice. Considering the customer’s budget, a new Rheem gas instantaneous hot water heater (model 876T26NF) was installed in the same location as the old one.
- Attend the Gymea (Sutherland Shire) property to determine problems with the existing gas hot water system.
- Isolate the hot water system from the gas supply at the isolation valve.
- Inspect and test the burner assembly, thermocouple and unitrol valve.
- Inspect and test the anode for wear.
- Check the TPR valve function.
- Determine the old hot water system had multiple problems that made it uneconomical to repair.
- Discuss with the customer new hot water system installation options and pricing.
- Supply and install new Rheem Stellar gas hot water heater (model: 876T26NF) in the same location.
- Recommission the system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Remove and recycle the old hot water system.
GAS HOT WATER PROBLEMS?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing and/or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful hot water advice you can trust.
Preventing hot water system breakdowns
Your hot water system is quite literally the hardest working appliance in your home. To prevent breakdown and ensure trouble-free hot water usage, we recommend customers get their hot water system serviced every 5 years. A hot water system service only takes 30-40 minutes and is a small price to pay for peace of mind and trouble-free hot water usage.
Your hot water system is an expensive appliance so don’t risk voiding your warranty by installing or fixing it yourself. Most hot water system manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your warranty if it isn’t installed or serviced by a licensed hot water service technician or qualified hot water plumber? The team at Cheapa Hot Water are licensed hot water heater service technicians for all major hot water manufacturers including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
Cheapa Hot Water Sutherland Shire
Fast hot water repairs in the Sutherland Shire and all Sydney suburbs.
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
FOR Fast HOT WATER REPAIRS