What is the purpose of a TRP valve in a hot water system?
The temperature and pressure relief valve (TPR valve) in a hot water system is an important and necessary safety feature with it’s main function being to release excess pressure and temperature from the water heater tank to prevent a catastrophic failure or explosion.
As water is heated, it expands, creating pressure within the tank. If the pressure inside the hot water tank becomes too high, the TPR valve automatically opens, releasing the excess pressure to the outside.
Additionally, if the water temperature inside the tank becomes too high, the TPR valve will also open to release the excess heat.
The TPR valve is typically located on the side or top of the water heater tank and is connected to a discharge pipe that runs to a drain or to the exterior of the building.
It is important to ensure that the TPR valve is properly installed and functioning correctly because, as indicated above, failure to do so can result in a dangerous situation.
Hot water heater TPR valve repair and replacement service
To ensure your hot water system is operating safely and correctly, we recommend regular service every 5 years. If you supply our friendly hot water service technicians with the make and model of your water heater, we will be able to determine whether a service call is required.
Book a hot water heater service
To organise a service for your hot water system, contact our friendly team. We offer fast service to all Sydney suburbs. Once onsite, we can check your TPR valve and other important parts are functioning as they should. Our trucks carry thousands of replacement parts and can fix problems on the spot.
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
- Hot water heater unitrol valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater thermocouple repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater gas burner repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater TPR valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater tempering valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater element replacement »
- Hot water heater thermostat repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater pump repair and replacement »
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or a qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?