What does the element in a hot water heater do?
The purpose of the element in a hot water system is to heat the water. The element is located inside the hot water tank and, when electricity is applied to it, the element gets hot and heats up the surrounding water. To ensure the water doesn’t get too hot or the hot water system doesn’t overheat, the element is controlled by a thermostat.
How will I know if the element of my hot water heater needs replacement?
If the element in your hot water heater is faulty or broken, you’ll typically notice you’re running out of hot water more regularly or you have no hot water at all. If this is the case, contact our friendly team for advice on 0410-693-532. We can often advise you over the phone if the element is causing the problem.
Hot water system element replacement
Hot water heaters are expensive and complex appliances. Fixing or replacing the element of your hot water system requires a detailed understanding of how the hot water system works. It can be potentially dangerous. To be safe and not risk voiding your warranty, the element on your hot water heater should be replaced by a licensed plumber or hot water technician, like the team at Cheapa Hot Water Sydney.
We offer fast water heater element replacement for all hot water system makes and models including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more. We service all Sydney suburbs.
- Once you book a service callout, your local Cheapa Hot Water repair technician will arrive onsite at your property. He’ll then run a series of tests to determine whether the problem is with the element or other parts.
- Before attempting any repairs, he’ll disconnect your hot water heater from the electricity and any other sources (i.e. gas or solar).
- Depending on the location of the element, we may have to drain the water heater. It’s important to ensure all water and pressure is removed from the hot water system. The tank will be drained safely to ensure no damage is caused to your property or those of your neighbours.
- The broken or faulty element will then be removed and a new, replacement element installed. The new water heater element will be tested for authenticity.
- Once successful testing is complete, the tank will be refilled with water (if drained) and the hot water system reconnected to the power supply.
- Further tests will then be undertaken to ensure the element is correctly heating the water in accordance with AS3500 Plumbing Codes.
- Whilst onsite, your local hot water specialist may use this as an opportunity to run further tests to ensure there are no other parts requiring repair or replacement. These tests can minimise the possibility of an unexpected breakdown in the future.
- Then, you’re back enjoying trouble-free hot water with the peace of mind that the element replacement has been completed correctly and your water heater warranty is intact.
Note: It’s important to note that the steps necessary in water heater element replacement vary depending on the make and model of the hot water system. We strongly recommend that our customers not attempt to replace a water heater element themselves. Contact our friendly team for advice.
Need hot water element replacement?
Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of replacement spare parts, including water heater elements, for all makes and models. For fast repair or replacement of the element in your hot water heater, contact our friendly team for fast assistance. We service all Sydney suburbs.
Read this! It could save you thousands…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system can’t be repaired and needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
- Hot water heater unitrol valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater thermocouple repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater gas burner repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater TPR valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater tempering valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater element replacement »
- Hot water heater thermostat repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater pump repair and replacement »
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or a qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?