Fast repair and replacement of hot water heater pumps.
Hot water heaters are complex appliances that rely on various parts to operate correctly and run efficiently. One of the most important parts of a hot water system is the pump.
The purpose of a pump in a hot water system is to circulate the water. It also ensures the hot water flows efficiently through the system whilst helping to maintain a consistent and even distribution of hot water to all the desired locations in the house or building.
In a typical hot water system, the water is heated in a central tank. The hot water is then transported from the tank through pipes to sinks, showers and appliances in the home. This pump (technically called the circulating pump or recirculation pump) is responsible for moving the water from the heater to the faucets and appliances throughout the property.
Common hot water heater pump problems
When your hot water heater pump isn’t working properly, it can put additional strain on other parts of the system. Over time, this can lead to unnecessary wear and tear which decreases the lifespan of the hot water system – even complete failure and no hot water!
Without proper circulation, stagnant water in the hot water tank can accumulate in the system leading to an increased risk of bacterial growth. Legionella bacteria is a common byproduct of this. Stagnation in your hot water heater can create favourable conditions for bacteria to multiply which poses a health risk if the contaminated water is used.
Signs your hot water heater pump needs replacing (repair)
Uneven hot water temperature throughout your home : A faulty hot water heater pump commonly causes uneven distribution of hot water throughout your home. For example, hot water in the bathroom may be unaffected whilst the hot water in the kitchen may be lukewarm or cold. If you’re experiencing uneven hot water temperatures throughout your home, contact our friendly team for advice.
Slow delivery of hot water to your taps : The most noticeable problem caused by a faulty hot water heater pump is the delay in receiving hot water to taps, showers and baths. When the pump isn’t circulating hot water correctly, it may take longer for hot water to reach the taps. This also wastes a lot of water while you waiting for the hot water to be delivered. If you have noticed you’re waiting longer for hot water to come out of your taps, contact our hot water maintenance specialists for advice. , resulting in increased waiting time and potential water wastage.
Intermittent hot and cold water : When you’re having a shower, do you ever notice that the hot water sometimes goes cold, then hot again? This occurs when the hot water heater pump isn’t functioning correctly and is often referred to as the ‘cold water sandwich effect’. The faulty pump is not able to maintain a consistent hot water flow and temperature. If this is happening at your home, contact us for assistance.
Reduced hot water heater efficiency : A faulty hot water heater pump can lead to reduced efficiency because, without proper circulation, the water heater may have to work harder to meet the demand for hot water temperature. This leads to increased energy consumption and higher energy bills.
An increase in your electricity or gas bills : In hot water systems where the pump is integrated with a timer or thermostatic control, a malfunctioning pump may run continuously or not operate when needed. This can result in unnecessary energy usage, leading to higher electricity or gas bills. If you’ve noticed you’re suddenly using more gas or electricity, check your bills to see if there is an unexplained spike in energy consumption. If this is the case, contact us for advice with your energy handy.
Hot water heater pump repairs
If you believe the pump is faulty or malfunctioning, contact our friendly team for advice. We’ll be able to provide advice on the best course of action to ensure you’re back enjoying trouble-free hot water again.
Need emergency assistance? Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with replacement pumps for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more. Contact us to arrange a convenient time to repair your hot water system pump.
READ THIS! IT WILL SAVE YOU THOUSANDS
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost?
If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification.
A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
- Hot water heater unitrol valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater thermocouple repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater gas burner repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater TPR valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater tempering valve repair and replacement »
- Hot water heater element replacement »
- Hot water heater thermostat repair and replacement »
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across all Sydney suburbs.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?