When this customer woke up to no hot water, they contacted us and our local hot water repair specialist was onsite at the Penrith property within an hour to assess the problem and ensure the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water that day.
Once onsite at the Penrith house, Steve ran a series of tests on the old Vulcan electric HWS to determine why it had stopped producing hot water. His tests uncovered a series of problems with the old hot water system that made it uneconomical to repair. While we carry a huge range of replacement parts, over time, the hot water system manufacturers stop producing spare parts for their older models. This customer’s old Vulcan hot water system was, in its day, a popular model so our stockpile of spare parts has unfortunately dried up. Sadly, this is the case with many household appliances where it’s impossible to repair them because replacement parts are no longer available.
Steve then discussed with the customer their household hot water usage requirements. The customer was happy with storage capacity of the old Vulcan tank (400 litre). With this in mind, Steve recommended the installation of a new Vulcan (Rheem*) 400 litre electric hot water system (model:492400).
The new hot water system could be installed in the same location as the old one, saving time and money.
- Attend the Penrith property to assess why Vulcan electric hot water system has stopped producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take any necessary precautions.
- Isolate the existing Vulcan hot water system from the main power. Re-test load at system with external device.
- Inspect and test various parts of the hot water system (element, OHMs reading, thermostat, etc).
- Determine it was uneconomical to repair the old Vulcan hot water system.
- Drain, disconnect and remove the old hot water system.
- Discuss replacement hot water system options with the customer.
- Supply and install a new Vulcan 400 litre electric hot water system (model:492400) in the same location.
- Install a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Codes.
- Recommission the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Remove and recycle the old hot water system.
NO HOT WATER?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing and/or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful hot water advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Penrith
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.