Liverpool hot water repairs and installation service. After hours help.
We were contacted recently by a very distressed customer at Liverpool whose internal electric hot water system in the laundry of her unit had started leaking. A steady stream of water was coming out of the hot water system and she was concerned it would flood her unit and the one downstairs.
Our hot water specialist, John, guided the customer through the simple procedure of turning off the water supply, stopping more water from filling up the tank. A bucket was then used to collect the remaining water coming out of the tank. Within about 40 minutes, no more water was leaking from the tank as it was dry.
Within 1.5 hours, John was onsite at the Liverpool unit and was able to assess what caused the customer’s old, electric hot water system to start leaking. It was clear that the internal tank had ruptured, causing the leak. This is a very common problem when hot water systems become very old.
New Rheem electric hot water system installation.
Unfortunately, when a hot water heater bursts and starts leaking, there is no option but to replace it with a new one. John discussed with the customer her budget and hot water usage requirements. Based on this information, John recommended installing a new Rheem 50 litre electric hot water heater (model: 191050).
This compact Rheem electric hot water system is suitable for apartments where there is not a lot of hot water usage demand and installation space is limited. The 50-litre hot water tank is suitable for households of 1-2 people and its compact design allows for fast and easy installation. Dual handed fittings and recessed plugs mean they can be rotated to fit into tight spaces.
Within a few hours, the customer was back enjoying hot water again.
Hot water system repair and replacement particulars.
- Assist the customer over the phone to mitigate damage to property from a leaking electric hot water system.
- Attend the Liverpool apartment to assess problems with the leaking hot water system.
- Assess the leaking hot water system and determine it wasn’t able to be repaired.
- Disconnect the old hot water system from the electricity supply. Drain the remaining water from the tank. Remove.
- Discuss hot water heater replacement options with the customer.
- Supply and install a new Rheem electric hot water system (model: 191050) in the same location.
- Install a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Codes.
- Reconnect the new hot water system to the electricity supply.
- Reconnect the new hot water system to the hot and cold water supply.
- Recommission the system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water system.
LEAKING HOT WATER HEATER?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing and/or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful hot water advice you can trust.
How to prevent your hot water system from leaking or bursting.
Unfortunately, in time, all hot water heaters will eventually fail and need replacing. Storage water heaters can encounter leaks where water continuously flows from the unit. Leaks can cause extensive damage to property and belongings if not stopped quickly.
IMPORTANT: If your hot water heater is leaking a substantial amount, i.e. more than a bucket of water in 24 hours, we strongly recommend you call us on 0410 693 532 for advice as this can be an indication of a serious problem.
You can, however, prevent a distressing hot water heater leak like that experienced by this Liverpool customer by having your hot water system serviced every 5 years.
A regular hot water service ensures your system continues working safely, extending the lifespan of the internal cylinder(s), saving you both money and the inconvenience of future breakdowns.
A hot water system service only takes 30-40 minutes and is a small price to pay for peace of mind and trouble-free hot water usage.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water system warranty.
Did you know that most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed or serviced by a licensed hot water service technician or qualified hot water plumber?
Your hot water system is an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t qualified?
The team at Cheapa Hot Water are licensed hot water heater service technicians for all major hot water manufacturers including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
Cheapa Hot Water Liverpool
fast hot water repairs in Liverpool and all Sydney suburbs.
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.