While outdoor hot water systems are designed to handle most weather conditions Mother Nature throws at them, flooding can cause a series problems if water gets up to the electrical cover in electrical hot water systems or above the gas burner in gas hot water systems.
Additionally, water can undermine the soil that a hot water system sits on, causing instability with the potential of the hot water system moving or falling over.
Flood or storm water damage of electric hot water system
If flood water has reached a level where it can penetrate the electric cover, it is likely that water has reached the electrical components. If water penetration is bad enough, it will likely cause the electrics to short out and the hot water system will stop working. If flooding is only temporary and water has only penetrated the electric cover for a short period of time, it can cause damage that isn’t evident for a few weeks, even months. You may notice intermittent hot water or you start running out of hot water faster.
If flood water has reached or passed the level of the electric cover of your hot water system, contact our team for advice on 0410 693 532. Our friendly team is here to help, offering you peace of mind to ensure you continue enjoying trouble free hot water.
Flood or storm water damage of gas hot water system
If flood water has reached a level where it can penetrate the burner on your gas hot water system, it is likely to turn off the pilot light. If this is the case, your gas hot water heater will stop producing hot water until the pilot light is reignited. cover. If a large amount of water penetrates the burner assembly, and remains there for a period of time, this can cause damage to important components causing inconsistent hot water heater or, worse, no hot water at all.
If flood water has reached or passed the level of the burner of your gas hot water system, contact our team for advice on 0410 693 532. Our friendly team is here to help, offering you peace of mind to ensure you continue enjoying trouble free hot water.
Has flood or stormwater undermined the ground of your hot water system?
During the excessive rain and flooding that has plagued much of 2022, we have been called to dozens of customers’ homes and businesses where stormwater has undermined the ground on which their outdoor hot water system sits.
At a house in Avalon, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, storm water had flooded under the house, washing away the soil underneath the customer’s hot water system. When we arrived, the hot water heater was being held in place by the pipes that connect it to the water supply. Luckily the customer noticed the problem before stormwater washed away the remaining soil. Had this happened, the pipes would not have been able to support the weight of the heater and it would have fallen over, potentially causing catastrophic damage to the underhouse piers and load-bearing walls. An empty hot water system is heavy – can you imagine the weight of one that is full of water!
If flood water has undermined or damaged the ground supporting your hot water system, contact our team for advice on 0410 693 532. We’re here to help and can visit your home or business to ensure your hot water system is supported on a safe and secure footing.
No hot water? Leaking hot water heater?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for the helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses across all Sydney suburbs.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers across the entire metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.