Hot water repair specialists and installers Castle Hill.
This distressed Castle Hill customer contacted us when they suddenly ran out of hot water one morning. With a house full of working adults and school-aged children, no hot water is the last thing anyone wants to be faced with at the start of the day.
After speaking with the customer, our hot water specialists escalated the problem to ’emergency status’ and our local Castle Hill hot water specialist was onsite that morning.
Once onsite and after running multiple tests, Castle Hill hot water specialist Mick found that the old burner assembly was broken. The customer’s existing hot water system was very old and, unfortunately, parts are now obsolete making it more cost-effective to replace the hot water system. The customer had enjoyed 20 or so years of trouble-free hot water usage – great value for money in our books!
Hot water system upgrade
Many households change over time, so it’s important to make sure you select the model to suit your needs both now and as your family grows – this is where our hot water experts can assist. We take into consideration all household appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers, which can use as much hot water as one person. It’s also important to consider the changing needs of a family as small children grow into large teenagers.
After discussing the customer’s hot water usage requirements, we determined the most energy-efficient and cost-effective model was to upgrade to the Rheem Stellar outdoor gas hot water system (model 850360).
We disconnected and removed the old gas hot water system and installed the new one in the same place. Whilst on site, we installed a new tempering valve to current Australian standards (AS3500 Plumbing Code).
Within a few hours, the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water again and can now luxuriate in longer showers now the new hot water system is more economical and suited their household hot water usage needs.
- Attend the Castle Hill property to assess and repair problems with existing gas hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Isolate the hot water system from the gas supply at isolation valve.
- Inspect & test the hot water system burner assembly, thermocouple and unitrol valve. Carry out any further necessary testing.
- Determine it was uneconomical to repair the old hot water system.
- Discuss household hot water usage and recommend installation of new Rheem Stellar gas hot water system (model 850360).
- Install new Rheem hot water system in same location.
- Install new tempering valve to current Australian standards (AS3500 Plumbing Code).
- Re-commission the new hot water system.
- Remove and recycle old hot water heater tank. Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
No hot water? Leaking hot water heater?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
- The simple thing you can do to extend the life of your hot water system »
- Features of the Rheem Stellar gas hot water system (model 850360) »
- How to relight your Rheem Stellar gas hot water system »
Save time and money by employing a local expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?