Rheem hot water repairs Northern Beaches.
We were recently contacted by a customer at Avalon, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, whose old Rheem electric water heater had stopped producing hot water.
For some time, the customer had noticed they were running out of hot water faster. They assumed they were having longer showers during the cold Winter, thereby using more hot water.
As is often the case, running out of hot water is usually the first sign of a problem with your water heater.
Finally, this old Rheem hot water system stopped working altogether and the customer was faced with a cold shower upon returning home from work one day.
Cheapa Hot Water HQ is based on the Northern Beaches, only a short drive from Avalon. Rheem hot water repair specialist, John, was onsite at the Avalon property quickly to inspect and repair the HWS.
Once onsite, John performed a series of tests on the old Rheem hot water system to determine why the customer had no hot water. It quickly became evident that the problem was with the element and thermostat. John was able to replace these straight away and the hot water system was up and running again within a few hours.
John would have liked to have checked the condition of the anode however, with the hot water system around 15-20 years old, access to the anode wasn’t possible. Anodes in newer hot water systems can be accessed and replaced easily – one of the many advances in hot water system technology.
John explained this to the customer and suggested that, should they notice their hot water has a metallic taste or a yellow / brown colour, it is likely the anode is in very poor condition or has failed completely. Unfortunately, if this becomes the case, the customer’s only option would be to replace the hot water system with a new one. Only time will tell and this Avalon customer’s reliable, old Rheem hot water heater may last for many, many years to come.
Further reading: What are hot water heater anodes?
Particulars of this hot water heater repair
- Attend the Avalon property to diagnose and repair Rheem electric hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Isolate the hot water system from the main power. Retest load at system with an external device.
- Inspect and test the element for correct OHMs reading. Determine faulty.
- Supply and replace with new 3.6kw element copper sickle.
- Inspect and test the thermostat for continuity. Determine faulty.
- Supply and replace with new thermostat.
- Check TPR function. No replacement necessary.
- Recommission the hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
NO HOT WATER? CALL CHEAPA HOT WATER FOR FAST ASSISTANCE.
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Rheem hot water system prices »
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
Save money and employ the local experts
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Based in Warriewood, each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses on the Northern Beaches and across Sydney.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.