We received a late afternoon call from a Property Manager at a Southern Sydney real estate agency whom we do a lot of work for, asking us to quickly attend a Rockdale rental apartment where the tenant had returned home from work to find their old hot water heater was leaking, flooding water throughout the backyard.
We immediately contacted the tenants to organise access. Over the phone, we instructed the tenant on how to turn off the water supply to the hot water system in an attempt to mitigate the leak.
Within an hour, we were onsite at the Rockdale house. It was clear the hot water system was very, very old. It was located outside the property so, thankfully, the leak hadn’t caused any damage to the inside of the house.
The cylinder inside the hot water tank had split and was beyond repair. Unfortunately, due to the age of the old system, parts are no longer available, making them unable to be repairs. There was no alternative but to install a new hot water system.
We contacted the property manager and explained the options available. After seeking approval from the owner, we were given the approval to install a new Vulcan 125 litre electric hot water heater (model: 6D1125V7) back in the same location.
We were of the understanding that the landlord was budget conscious so we recycled and reused existing pipework, wherever possible. A new tempering valve was installed to comply with the necessary plumbing codes.
Within an hour or so, the tenant was back enjoying trouble-free hot water again.
- Discuss access to Rockdale rental property with the property manager and tenants.
- Attend the Rockdale house to assess problems with the leaking electric hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the old hot water heater from the electricity supply.
- Retest the system with an external device.
- Ascertain that the cylinder had split and was beyond economical repair.
- Discuss replacement hot water heater options with the property manager.
- Drain and remove the old electric hot water system.
- Supply and install new Vulcan 125 litre electric hot water heater (model: 6D1125V7) back in the same location.
- Install new 15mm RMC tempering valve.
- Reconnect to the electricity supply.
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water system.
NO HOT WATER? LEAKING HOT WATER HEATER?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing and/or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful hot water advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Electric hot water heater prices »
Save time and money by employing Cheapa Hot Water
Did you know that often the installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Cheapa Hot Water South Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses in Rockdale and across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers across the entire metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.
FOR FAST HOT WATER REPAIRS