Replace hot water heater in Northern Sydney.
We received an emergency call from a customer located in Cammeray, Northern Sydney, whose old electric hot water heater had burst and water was flooding down their backyard.
Over the phone, our hot water specialist John instructed the customer on how to turn off the water supply to stop the tank from filling further and more water leaking out. After turning off the water supply, eventually, the tank will run dry and the flooding will stop. This gave the customer peace of mind until we were able to arrive onsite at the Cammeray property.
After finishing up at another job nearby on the North Shore, John arrived onsite to assess the problem with the old Rheem electric hot water heater. The old hot water system was at least 25 years old and this hard-working appliance had given the customer decades of reliable hot water. Unfortunately, the tank had burst and it was beyond repair. There was no alternative but to replace the old hot water system with a new one.
John discussed replacement hot water heater options available, taking into consideration the customer’s budget and hot water usage requirements. The customer had been very happy with the reliability of their old Rheem hot water system so were happy to install a new Rheem in its place. With this in mind, John recommended the Rheem electric hot water heater 315 litre (model: 491315).
The Rheem 315 litre (491315) is perfect for households with up to 6 people. It has a common footprint and fitting location to older electric hot water heaters which made the changeover easy. Additionally, dual-handed fittings provide installation flexibility. The customer chose the twin element model for faster heating making it perfect for households that need an extra boost of hot water. particularly if members of the household like to shower at the same time as running the washing machine. In the long term, there is no doubt the customer will appreciate the extra hot water that having an extra element provides.
The new hot water system installation required a new tempering valve, duo valve and pressure limiting valve had to be installed to comply with Australian Standards and plumbing code regulations.
Within a few hours, the Cammeray customer was back enjoying touble-free hot water and everyone in the household was able to have a hot shower.
- Attend the Northern Sydney property to fix leaking Rheem electric hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions, where required.
- Isolate the old Rheem hot water system from the main power. Retest the load at the system using an external device.
- Disconnect, drain and remove the old hot water heater.
- Discuss replacement hot water heater options.
- Supply and install a new Rheem electric hot water heater 315 litre (model: 491315).
- Install 15mm RMC tempering valve.
- Install 15mm RMC duo valve (combination isolation / non-return valve).
- Install 15mm pressure limiting valve PSL50.
- Recommission the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Remove and recycle the old hot water system.
No hot water? Leaking hot water heater?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for the helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Northern Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses in Northern Sydney and across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.