No hot water? Need emergency hot water heater assistance? Live in the Sydney metro area? We can help 🙂
We received a frantic call on a Friday afternoon from a Sydney property manager seeking emergency hot water heater repair assistance. Their UK tenant had just arrived at their Surry Hills Airbnb rental to find they had no hot water. This was an emergency and we were happy to help.
Hot water specialist, John, arrived onsite at the Surry Hills property within an hour or so. Once onsite, he inspected the existing Rheem gas hot water system which was around 20-25 years old.
After running several tests, it became obvious that there were multiple issues with the old hot water system and it was beyond economical repair. Unfortunately, as hot water systems age, they become superseded and replacement parts are no longer produced by the manufacturers. This was the case with this old Rheem hot water system. A new hot water system would have to be installed.
A temporary hot water heater was installed so the Airbnb tenants could enjoy a shower.
John contacted the property manager and explained the situation. Due to the size of the Airbnb, and the fact that it was advertised to accommodate up to 6 guests, a large hot water system would be required.
By this time, it was late on Friday evening and the hot water heater supplier had closed for the evening. Thankfully, John had a smaller gas hot water system in his truck that he could install temporarily until he could return the following day and install a correctly sized heater. The tenants were happy they could enjoy a hot shower after their flight from the UK.
The new gas hot water system was installed the next morning.
John organised to return in the morning with the new Rheem gas hot water system and install it. The tenants were happy with that. The property manager was also updated.
The next morning, John returned with a brand new Rheem Stellar 360 gas hot water system (160 litre). The temporary hot water system was removed and the new one was installed.
Rheem gas hot water system repair / installation particulars
- Attend the Surry Hills Airbnb to diagnose problems with old Rheem gas hot water system not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Isolate the system from the gas supply.
- Inspect and test the gas burner assembly, TPR valve, thermocouple and unitrol valve.
- Check gas regulator on meter.
- Inspect the anode for wear and tear.
- Determine existing hot water heater was beyond economical repair.
- Discuss options with Airbnb property manager.
- Drain and uninstall old gas hot water system.
- Install temporary gas hot water system so Airbnb tenants could have a shower that night.
- Return the next morning to supply and install new Rheem Stellar 360 gas hot water system (model 850360.
- Recommission the new gas hot water system.
- Clean up the site of any associated rubbish.
- Take away the old hot water system for recycling.
- Report to the Airbnb property manager.
Need an emergency hot water heater repair?
Hot water is our business! We’ve been in the industry for 25+ years and we’re here to help our customers by providing them with the advice they can trust when it comes to repairing or replacing their hot water system.
Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back to enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly.
Don’t hesitate to contact our friendly hot water specialists for helpful advice you can count on.
The Rheem 360 gas hot water heater is a premium system that is both energy efficient and offers fast replacement of hot water used. Its 5-star energy efficiency rating reduces gas bills.
With a 200 litre per hour hot water recovery capacity and 360 litre first-hour capacity, means you have the luxury of waiting less time between showers. Additionally, you can have multiple taps running at the same time without losing mains pressure.
Rheem Stellar 360 features
Money saving — 5 Star gas energy efficiency helps save on gas bills
A Premium 5 Star energy efficient water heater, to help save money.
Replaces hot water as it’s used faster than any other Gas water heater, making it ideal for families.
High 200L per hour hot water recovery providing a massive 360L first hour capacity — so it’ll meet the needs of the largest family1
Suitable for connection to natural gas
Made in Australia
Rheem Stellar 360 specifications
- Model: Rheem 850360
- Type: Gas (Natural)
- Size: Large (6 persons)
- Capacity: 160 litre
- Location: Outdoor
- Energy Rating: 5 star
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.