Hot Water Repairs CBD Sydney.
We were called recently by a new customer living in the Sydney CBD in York Street when their hot water system stopped producing hot water.
The customer had called a plumber recommended by the building maintenance manager however they weren’t available to assist so they ‘Googled’ hot water repairs Sydney and made contact with us. Within a few hours, Steve was onsite at the York Street apartment.
Once onsite, Steve tested the existing Dux hot water system and determined that several problems existed. Unfortunately, with many older hot water systems, replacement parts are no longer manufactured. Whilst we carry parts for many older models, we didn’t have any for this particular Dux model. While it’s certainly possible for us to use our contacts to access spare parts, it can mean the customer may potentially be without hot water for several days. This is not an option many people choose.
A new, replacement hot water system installation was required.
New hot water system installation
When choosing a suitable replacement hot water system, we discussed with the customer their hot water usage requirements. When doing this, it’s important we take into consideration all household appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers, which can use as much hot water as one person. It’s also important to consider the changing needs of a family as small children grow into large teenagers.
It was determined that their household hot water usage hadn’t increased or decreased, nor was it likely to change, for many years so we decided to install a new Rheem compact electric hot water system (model 191050) that was the same size as their old hot water system.
The new Rheem hot water system was able to be installed in the same location, saving time and expense.
Whilst undertaking the installation, we installed a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
Hot water heater replacement job particulars
- Attend the apartment in York Street, Sydney CBD, to assess and rectify problems with the old electric hot water system.
- Test the existing hot water system. Determine replacement parts were unavailable.
- Discuss new replacement hot water system replacement options with the customer.
- Drain the existing hot water system. Disconnect from the electricity main and remove the old hot water system.
- Install a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Reconnect the new Rheem hot water system (model 191050) to the electricity main. Test.
- Recommission the system. Re-establish and take a current reading.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish. Recycle the old hot water tank.
NOT HOT WATER? LEAKING HOT WATER SYSTEM?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney CBD
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses in the Sydney CBD and all LGAs.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.