Parramatta hot water repairs.
We were contacted by a customer in Rydalmere (near Parramatta) whose internal, electric hot water heater had started leaking. Living in a unit, the customer was very concerned d water would start leaking into the apartment below. We escalated the problem to an emergency repair and our hot water specialist, Steve, was on-site within the hour.
While Steve was en route to the property, hot water specialist John explained over the phone to the customer how to turn off the water supply to the system thereby preventing more water from leaking from the split tank.
Once onsite, Steve quickly determined that the old hot water tank had split. He quickly isolated the hot water system from the main power supply to safely inspect and find the location of the leak. Unfortunately, the split in the tank was too large to repair. Sadly, replacement parts are no longer manufactured for very old hot water systems and there is no alternative but to replace them with a new hot water system.
Steve discussed suitable replacement hot water heater options, taking into consideration the customer’s budget, space available, and household hot water usage requirements.
The customer had been very happy with the reliability of their old Rheem hot water system so were happy to install a new Rheem in its place. With this in mind, Steve recommended the Rheem 50 litre electric hot water heater (model: 191050).
Within an hour or so, Steve had removed the old hot water system and had installed the new Rheem 50 litre electric hot water heater back in the same location in the customer’s laundry.
Hot water system replacement particulars
- Attend Rydalmere unit (near Parramatta) to assess the problem with the leaking electric hot water heater.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions, where required.
- Determine that the hot water system was beyond repair.
- Disconnect, drain and remove the old hot water heater.
- Discuss replacement hot water heater options with the customer.
- Supply and install new Rheem 50 litre electric hot water heater (model: 191050) back in the same location.
- Install 15mm RMC tempering valve to comply with Australian plumbing standards.
- Reconnect new hot water system to power circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect to hot and cold water pipework.
- Recommisison the new hot water system.
- When the load is reestablished, take a current reading.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water heater.
No hot water? Leaking hot water heater?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for the helpful advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Rheem hot water system prices »
The Rheem 50 litre electric hot water heater (model: 191050) is a compact system suitable for small spaces and tight locations where there are limited household hot water demands like in apartments, kitchens, offices and canteens.
Suitable for small households of 1-2 people, this hot water system’s compact design allows for fast and easy installation. Additionally, dual-handed fittings and recessed plugs mean the system can be rotated to fit into tight spaces.
Rheem compact hot water system features
Small diameter – 400mm
Designed for restricted space installations
Dual handed connections
Plug & lead models 2.4kW only
Recessed plug fittings
Safe for wall mounting – Wall mounting bracket using bracket 299120
- Location: indoor.
- Warranty: 7 year cylinder warranty, 3 years labour warranty on the cylinder, 1 year parts and labour warranty on all other components for domestic installations.
Cheapa Hot Water Parramatta
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses in Parramatta and across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers across the entire metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.