Fast repair and installation of all solar, electric and gas hot water systems.
We received a call from a customer in Minto, in the Campbelltown LGA, when their old solar hot water heater suddently stopped working and was not producing hot water.
When speaking to the customer on the phone, it was difficult for our hot water specialist, John to ascertain the cause of the problem. Unable to provide us with much detail of her current rooftop solar hot water system system (there is no way she could get up on the roof), the customer was happy for our local Campbelltown repair specialist to visit her home and take a look.
Once onsite, it was evident that there were numerous problems with the existing solar hot water system. First, it was very old. Second, it hadn’t been repaired or serviced during the past 20 years (at least) when the customer moved into the property so it was likely that numerous parts had failed. Often, when one part fails, it can cause a knock-on effect, causing others to follow.
Unfortunately, replacement parts for very old hot water systems (solar, gas and electrci) are often now obsolete, unavailable or, sadly, so expensive it’s more cost effective to install a new system. This was the case with this old solar HWS at Minto. We discussed options with the customer and she elected to replace the old solar hot water system with a new gas tank.
Switch from solar hot water to gas hot water.
When replacing an old hot water system with a new one, this provides the customer with the perfect opportunity to upgrade to a more energy efficient model, one that caters to the demands of their household hot water usage now and into the future. Whilst the hot water usage of the current occupants of the property wasn’t very high, being a large family home, we suggested they install a system larger than their requirements because, should they decide to sell in the not-too-distant future, a family-sized hot water system would cater to the demands of future owners.
With this in mind, we suggested the Rheem 360 Stella gas hot water heater (model: 850360).
When we advise customers of the best hot water system to suit their needs, we not only discuss their hot water demands now but also their projected usage in the future. For example, as small children grow into teenagers, they invariably use more hot water. Additionally, we don’t just consider the hot water usage of the ‘humans’ in the house but those of appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers which can use as much hot water as one person.
After discussing the customer’s hot water usage requirements, we recommended a new Rheem solar hot water system (model 52L300/2L) with electric backup. The new solar system was installed in the same location as the previous one so no additional piping or electrical work was required, saving both time and money.
We left the pipework from the old solar hot water system in place so, at any time in the future, a new solar hot water system can be installed reconnected.
Features of the Rheem Stella 330 / 360 gas hot water system
The Rheem Stellar 330/360 gas hot water system is a favourite among families because of it’s 5 star energy efficient water rating and fast hot water replacement. It is a mains pressure gas storage hot water heater that delivers hot water instantly, as they keep a generous quantity stored hot and ready for your use.
- Warranty: 10 year cylinder
- Location: Outdoors
- Number of people: Not applicable
- Download Rheem Stellar brochure »
Rheem’s energy efficient gas hot water systems come in a range of sizes and capacities to suit the hot water requirements of all residential applications.
- Attend the Minto property to assess problems with existing solar hot water system not producing hot water.
- Inspect the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Determine that old solar hot water system is not economical to repair. Discuss replacement options.
- Disconnect and drain the old solar hot water system.
- Re-test load at system with external device. Carry out any further necessary testing.
- Install new Rheem 360 Stella gas hot water heater (model: 850360).
- Replace tempering value to adhere to Australian standards.
- Dispose of and recycle the old tank.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
NO HOT WATER? RUNNING OUT OF HOT WATER?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
Want to upgrade or replace your hot water service?
Do you regularly run out of hot water? Would you like to upgrade to a more energy-efficient hot water system or switch from electric to gas or solar hot water?
With so many options, it’s easy to be swayed by a lower price and lose sight of what matters most when replacing your existing hot water system. To get the best value for money on this long term investment, your decision should be based on quality, efficiency and reliability.
Buying a new hot water system is an investment in your future. It’s an expensive appliance so you don’t want to make the wrong decision.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we go to great measures to ensure your new hot water system ticks these three boxes so you can be sure of trouble-free hot water for many years to come. Hot water is our business and you can rely on us for advice you can trust.
FOR HOT WATER HEATER UPGRADE ADVICE
For helpful advice you can trust, don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists. With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater.
Save money and speak to the local hot water experts
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water service warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
FOR HOT WATER REPAIRS