Hot water heater repair and installation Penrith.
Early one morning, we were contacted by a Penrith customer asking for emergency help to repair their old electric hot water heater. The customer explained that their hot water heater had been leaking for some time but it suddenly burst with water flooding under the house.
Whilst on the phone, hot water specialist John instructed the customer how to turn off the water supply to stop the tank from filling further and more water from leaking out. After turning off the water supply, eventually, the tank will run dry and the flooding will stop. This gave the customer peace of mind until our local Penrith hot water heater repair specialist, Matt, arrived at the property at around 7:30am.
Once onsite, it became clear that the internal storage tank had ruptured. The start of the problem was evident with the initial, small leak. Eventually, water pressure and corrosion led to an irreparable rupture. Unfortunately, like most appliances in our modern world, it is more cost-effective to replace them than to fix them. It’s the same with hot water heaters.
Matt discussed replacement hot water heater options and the customer opted for a new Rheem 160 litre electric hot water system (Model: 491160R7). The customer chose the twin-element model which offers faster heating and has the benefit of being able to run the washing machine at the same time someone has a shower.
The replacement hot water system was able to be replaced in the same location as the old one, under the house.
Hot water heater replacement particulars
- Attend the Penrith property to diagnose the problem with the existing electric hot water heater.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the electrical supply to the hot water system. Retest with an external device
- Drain and remove the old electric HWS.
- Discuss replacement hot water system options.
- Supply and install a new electric HWS back in the same position.
- Install a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code.
- Reconnect to the existing power circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect to the hot and cold pipework.
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove all associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water system.
BURST OR LEAKING HOT WATER SYSTEM? CALL CHEAPA HOT WATER FOR FAST ASSISTANCE.
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back to enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact our friendly hot water specialists for helpful advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Electric hot water heater prices »
The Rheem 160 litre electric hot water system, with a twin element for faster heating, is perfect for households that need an extra boost of hot water. If members of the household like to shower at the same time as running the washing machine then you’ll appreciate the extra hot water that having an extra element provides.
Dual handed inlet and outlet fittings
Exclusive Rheem Ultranamel® Class Y enamel protects the cylinder with a tough, durable coating.
Money savings — designed for off-peak rates
Twin Element model available (ask us for more information)
- Model: Rheem 491160
- Type: Electric
- Size: Medium household (4 people)
- Capacity: 160 litre
- Location: Outdoor
- Download Rheem 191045 brochure (PDF) »
- 12 year cylinder warranty*
- 1 years labour warranty on the cylinder*
- 1 year parts and labour warranty on all other components for domestic (non-commercial) installations *
* Warranty conditions may apply.
Cheapa Hot Water Penrith
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.