Several times a month, we get a call from a new customer whose hot water system is located in an awkward location or there are challenging access problems. This is when we have to think way outside the square and come up with affordable and practical solutions.
Hot water systems are often low on the ‘design’ priority list.
Not surprisingly, the location of the hot water system is very low on the priority list of architects, builders, kitchen and bathroom designer companies. What isn’t considered is, one day, that hot water system will need to be serviced, repaired or replaced. With a little forethought, access problems can easily be avoided thus saving the homeowner unnecessary expense and problems.
Our hot water installers think outside the square!
Awkward locations + difficult access are all in a day’s work for the Cheapa team.
It’s not uncommon for us to find hot water heaters shoved at the back of cupboards, installed in inaccessible locations under the house or in teeny-tiny side passages.
Often we have to remove a sink, dishwasher or oven to be able to access a hot water system that’s been shoved into the back of a cupboard.
We’re frequently crawling under houses to fix hot water systems that were installed as an afterthought.
Additionally, some homeowners undertake renovations and forget to make sure the hot water system is still accessible. It’s only when a problem arises that they wished they had given the hot water system more consideration.
Difficult access? No problems! Recently we had to employ a crane to winch a hot water system over the roof of the house (photo above) because renovations had blocked access from the front of the house to the back. To avoid problems like this at your place, read our tips below for hot water installation location advice.
Who thought this was a good idea? The photo above shows a hot water system that had been installed precariously high on a ledge at the back of a house. Why anyone would think this was a good idea was beyond us? We moved the hot water system to a safer location that will make it much easier to undertake repairs in the future.
Hot water heater location
If you’re installing a new hot water heater or thinking of moving your existing one, there are a few things that are worthwhile considering:
- Ensure there is clear and easy access from outside the property to bring in a new hot water system.
- If you want to upgrade your hot water tank size in the future to accommodate a growing household, will a larger hot water heater fit?
- If a service technician needs to fix your hot water heater, how easy is it for them to visually inspect and replace parts with their ‘man-hands’? (Traditionally, hot water heater repairers are grown men, not kids with nimble, little bodies.)
- Don’t plant trees or install fences that inhibit access to the hot water system. If so, will it matter if they need to be removed or heavily pruned?
- If the hot water heater springs a leak, will it cause serious damage to your property (or your neighbour’s property)?
Hot water problems?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to choosing the right location for your hot water heater. We service all Sydney suburbs and our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today.
Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for helpful advice you can trust. We offer fast assistance to all Sydney suburbs.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.