Leaking hot water system repairs Sydney.
We received a distressed call from a customer living in an apartment in Dee Why who returned home from work to discover their hot water tank was leaking. When discovered, the water was still confined to the bathroom but the customer was worried it would run out on to the hallway carpet or, worse, to the apartment downstairs.
Whilst on his way to the unit, John instructed the customer over the phone how to turn off the water supply. The hot water system was very old and the customer found it very difficult to turn off the water supply tap which caused more distress. Thankfully, John was onsite from our Warriewood warehouse to the Dee Why apartment within 20 minutes.
Rheem hot water system replacement
Once onsite, John estimated the current Rheem hot water system was 20+ years old. This is quite old for a hot water system and, unfortunately, repairing hot water heaters of this age is more expensive than replacing them with a new one (if parts are, in fact, available). Thankfully, the customer had received excellent value for money out of her old, hard working hot water heater.
The location of the old hot water system, inside a cupboard in the bathroom, limited the possibilities of upgrading to a larger replacement system.
We installed the biggest tank that would fit into the space being the Rheem 50 litre stainless steel (momdel 4A1050M7). This reliable hot water system comes with a generous 10 year warranty, offering the customer peace of mind for many years to come.
Hot water heater leak prevention
When installing the new Rheem hot water heater, we placed a galvanised metal safety tray underneath the hot water tank.
Should the new hot water tank leak at any time in the future, this tray will hold water until help arrives. New copper pipes and tapwae were added.
More importantly, John installed a Mildred valve (the green box in the photo above with the green button). This will shut off the water supply automatically if the valve detects water leaking into the tray.
After an hour or so, John left the customer back enjoying hot water and, with the new leak prevention systems we put in place, peace of mind.
- Attend the Dee Why apartment to assess problems with leaking Rheem hot water tank.
- Inspect the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Drain and remove old Rheem HWS.
- Supply and install new Rheem hot water tank (model 4A1050M7) in the same location.
- Install new pipework and taps.
- Install new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Install galvanised water heater leak safety tray.
- Install Mildred hot water heater safety valve.
- Dispose of and recycle the old tank.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
LEAKING HOT WATER TANK?
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Based at Warriewood on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact our hot water specialists for helpful advice you can trust. We offer fast assistance to all Sydney suburbs.
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
Cheapa Hot Water Northern Beaches
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across the Northern Beaches and the entire Sydney metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.