Instantaneous hot water heater repair.
We were contacted recently by a customer living in a unit at Lane Cove, on Sydney’s North Shore, who had woken up to no hot water. Over the phone, Mick, determined the customer had an old, instantaneous electric hot water system.
Once onsite, Mick, could see that the existing instantaneous hot water system was extremely old – possible 30+ years old. The Lane Cove customer had enjoyed trouble-free hot water from the trusty old system however, it was now beyond economical repair. Eventually, manufacturers stop making and supplying spare parts for old hot water systems making them irreparable. This was one of these situations.
Mick discussed replacement hot water heater options, taking into consideration the customer’s budget and hot water usage requirements, and recommended the Stiebel Eltron instant electric hot water system.
The Stiebel instantaneous hot water system only requires a very small installation space so was the perfect replacement. This meant the transition over to the new system could be done quickly with little disturbance to the customer or damage to the property.
On the bright side, the customer should notice a reduction in their electricity bills. Their old instantaneous hot water system would have been inefficient and costly to run. Modern instantaneous electric hot water systems are now much more energy efficient.
Instantaneous electric hot water heater replacement
- Attend Lane Cove unit to assess problems with instantaneous electric hot water system not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and make necessary arrangements, if required.
- Isolate the instantaneous hot water system from the electricity supply.
- Retest the hot water system with an external device.
- Determine that the old instantaneous electric hot water system was beyond economical repair.
- Discuss replacement hot water system options with the customer.
- Disconnect and remove the old hot water system.
- Supply and install a new Steiebl Eltron instant electric hot water system back in the same location.
- Install a new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Reconnect the new hot water system to the electrical circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect the hot and cold water pipework.
- Commission and test the hot water system.
- Dispose of the old hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
NO HOT WATER? CALL CHEAPA HOT WATER FOR FAST ASSISTANCE.
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
Save money and employ the local experts
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.