We were contacted by a Chatswood customer who noticed their old gas hot water heater had started leaking. Gas hot water specialist, Steve, arranged to attend the property that afternoon to inspect and fix the problem.
Once onsite at the Chatswood property, Steve performed a series of tests to ascertain why the gas hot water heater was leaking. He quickly found that the internal storage cylinder had split. Unfortunately, the price to repair the old cylinder would have cost more than installing a new hot water system. It made economical sense to purchase a new hot water system, complete with 10-year warranty and energy-saving features.
Switching from a gas storage hot water heater to a wall-mounted instantaneous gas system.
Steve discussed replacement hot water heater options and the customer opted to convert from a storage gas hot water heater to an instantaneous gas hot water system.
Steve discussed hot water system replacement options with the customer, taking into consideration their budget and usage requirements. They decided on the Rheem Gas Metro 26 (Model 876T26NF). Scroll down for features of this hot water system.
The customer was happy with Steve’s recommendation and, within an hour or so, they were back enjoying trouble-free gas hot water.
Further reading: What hot water system do I need?
Particulars of this hot water system replacement service
- Attend the Chatswood property to inspect leaking gas hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take necessary actions.
- Isolate the gas hot water system from the main power and gas supply. Re-test load at system with external device.
- Undertake necessary tests. Determine the cylinder had split and was beyond economical repair.
- Drain, disconnect and remove the old hot water system.
- Supply and install new Rheem Gas Metro 26 (model 876T26NF) on the wall at the side of the house.
- Install and connect necessary pipework to the new hot water system.
- Recommission the new hot water system.
- Remove and recycle the old hot water heater.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
NO HOT WATER? LEAKING HOT WATER SYSTEM? CALL CHEAPA HOT WATER FOR FAST ASSISTANCE.
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Gas hot water system prices »
Never run out of hot water with the Rheem Metro 26 litre continuous flow, instantaneous gas hot water heater (model:876t26).
With a 6 star energy rating, the Rheem Metro instantaneous gas hot water system delivers quality, performance and value for money.
It is suitable for households with 2 – 2.5 bathrooms or around 5 people. This instantaneous hot water system delivers 26 litres of continuous hot water. Natural gas and propane models are available.
- 6 star energy rating
Extra safety — 50°C temperature limited model
26 L/minute continuous hot water delivery (at 25°C rise) – suitable for 2-2.5 bathrooms
Compact 520mm(H) x 355mm(W) x 187mm(D)
Flamesafe® overheat protection — shuts down the water heater before overheating can occur
Rheem Q Factor™ — ensures rapid hot water every time, with none of the fluctuations that occur with some continuous flow units
Remote temperature controller options — so you can set the best and safest temperature for the bathroom and kitchen
60°C temperature model available
Natural gas and propane models are available
- 10 year cylinder warranty*
- 3 years labour warranty on the cylinder*
- 1 year parts and labour warranty on all other components for domestic (non-commercial) installations *
Save money and employ the local experts
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Based in Northern Sydney, each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses on the North Shore and across Sydney.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.