A 5 year hot water service can prevent a catastrophic breakdown.
We recently returned to service a Lindfield customer’s Rheem Loline solar hot water system (model:430SLV) that we installed five years ago. Not many people realise but, to ensure your hot water system is in good working order and prevent breakdowns, it should be serviced every five years.
A regular hot water service ensures your system continues working safely whilst increasing the longevity of the cylinders, therefore saving you both money and inconvenience of future breakdown.
Your hot water service should be undertaken by a licensed hot water plumber no longer than every five years. If this time period lapses it may result in the manufactures warranty becoming void.
Servicing your hot water system only takes 30-45 minutes.
It doesn’t take long for a technician to service a system – usually between 30 to 45 minutes. It’s a small price to pay for peace of mind and trouble-free hot water usage.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water system warranty
Did you know that most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed or serviced by a licensed hot water technician or qualified hot water plumber? Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
We are licensed water heater installers and plumbers and preferred service technicians for all major hot water manufacturers including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and many more brands.
Rheem solar hot water service particulars
Once onsite at the Lindfield property, our solar hot water specialist, John, performed a series of tests to check the condition of parts and ensure they were in good working order. Below is a summary of the service particulars.
- Attend the Lindfield property to service the previously installed Rheem Loline solar hot water system (model: 430SLV).
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Isolate the solar hot water system from the main power. Re-test the load at system with an external device for safety purposes.
- Inspect and test the element for correct OHMs reading.
- Inspect and test the thermostat for continuity.
- Test the pump, glycol levels and sensors.
- Test the TPR. Ascertain it was faulty. Supply and install new 15mm RMC HTE55-1 1000kpa TPR valve.
- Inspect anode. Replace with new 1500mm anode. Scroll down for more information about hot water heater anodes.
- Recomission the system.
- Once load re-established, take current reading.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
IS YOUR HOT WATER SYSTEM DUE FOR A 5 YEAR SERVICE?
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Solar hot water system prices »
Hot water heater anode replacement
Anodes are steel core rods installed at the top of the hot water tanks during production to prevent rust and corrosion.
The rods are surrounded by either magnesium, aluminium or zinc. They have been a staple of hot water heaters for decades and are very useful in preventing water tank damage and regular and expensive replacement costs.
Also known as ‘sacrificial anodes’, through electrolysis, the rod will spent instead of the water heater’s exposed steel through a process called electrolysis. It protects the metal from rusting. Electrolysis occurs when the two pieces of submerged metal rod react to a voltage.
SOME ANODES ONLY LAST 3.5 – 5 YEARS
Anodes typically last between 3.5 – 5 years. Once the anode has fully corroded it fails to protect the tank which will start to deteriorate. In time, a rusting water heater will cause problems which are typically more expensive to repair than simply replacing the anode. Regular anode replacement ensures your water heater continues to operate as intended and lasts longer therefore saving you money in the long term.
DOES YOUR ANODE REQUIREMENT REPLACEMENT?
If your water heater is over 3.5 years old, we suggest you contact us and we can advise whether your anode may require replacement. If you supply us with the make and model of your water heater we will be able to determine whether a service call is required. Some anodes last longer than others, depending upon the material of which they are made, so a quick phone call will give us the information we need to make such as an assessment.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses on the North Shore and across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.