Fix Quantum hot water system in Avalon
We were contacted by a customer in Avalon who had woken up to no hot water. Within a few hours, our solar hot water specialist, John, was onsite at the Northern Beaches property to diagnose and fix the Quantum solar heat pump hot water system.
Once onsite, John ran a wide range of tests. Solar hot water systems are complex and comprise a range of different components.
Up on the roof of the Avalon home, John checked the solar panels. These were all in good working order and operating as they should.
John found that the frost valve was leaking and required replacement.
Back on the ground, John ran tests on the Quantum heat pump storage tank and found it was working correctly.
Thankfully, this was a relatively simple repair for our hot water specialist and a cost-effective for the customer. Within a few hours the customer was back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water again.
Particulars of Quantum heat pump repair.
- Attend the Northern Beaches (Avalon) property to repair problems with the Quantum solar heat pump not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions, if any.
- Test various components of the Quantum heat pump including rooftop panels and storage tank.
- Replace the leaking frost valve, test. See photo below.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your solar hot water system needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
No solar hot water?
With 25+ years of solar expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for the helpful advice you can trust.
How do solar heat pumps work?
Did you know that heat pumps consume about 1/3 the electricity of traditional electric water heaters.
Heat pumps use technology to extract and intensify the warmth that is naturally in the air around us then uses that warmth to produce hot water. They don’t use solar collectors mounted on the roof like solar systems.
The heat pump consists of an insulated storage tank and a heating module. The heating module must be installed outdoors, but there are options to install the storage tank either outdoors with the heating module, or indoors separated from the heating module by up to 4 metres.
A heat pump works to heat water by transferring the intensified warmth from the air around it into the water, stored in the tank, via a heat exchange system that works in a similar way to an air conditioner.
When emptied, it takes time to reheat to have you back in hot water. Heat pumps draw less electricity than a traditional electric storage water heater, and in doing so, are more energy efficient. They do take longer to heat water, so consider a larger tank capacity to ensure you have enough hot water when you need it.
- Solar heat pump prices »
- Solar heat pump comparison »
- The benefits of heat pump hot water systems »
- The difference between a solar hot water systems and heat pumps »
Cheapa Hot Water Northern Beaches
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses on the Northern Beaches and across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.