Rheem small electric hot water heater.
We recently installed a replacement small electric hot water system in a unit in Dee Why on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. This compact water heater is one of our most popular and we supply and install them all the time in units, apartments, houses and businesses across all Sydney suburbs every week.
The customer’s old hot water heater, which was installed at the rear of the cupboard under the kitchen sink, had started leaking. Luckily, the customer noticed water pooling at the bottom of the cupboard shelf and called us to resolve the problem before any damage was caused.
Over the phone, we instructed the customer on how to turn off the water tap to the heater. This stops it from continually topping up the water that leaks from the tank. Within the hour, we were onsite to fix the problem.
The water heater tank was cracked.
Once onsite, our tests revealed that the old hot water tank had cracked and was beyond economical repair. Left untreated, pressure buildup inside the tank would have caused the split to worsen, leading to it splitting entirely and flooding the apartment. Caught early, this was prevented. Unfortunately, manufacturers stop producing replacement spare parts for older heaters so there is no alternative but to install a new hot water system.
Small electric hot water systems.
We discussed with the customer our recommendations for small electric hot water systems. They chose the Rheem 45 litre electric hot water system (model 191047). This was installed back in the same location, in the cupboard under the kitchen sink.
The old pipework was showing signs of age so we replaced it with new copper pipework to connect the new hot water system to the hot and cold water supply. Whilst on site, we installed a new 15mm RMC tempering valve.
Within an hour or so, the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water again.
Rheem small electric hot water system
The Rheem small electric hot water system is perfect for compact spaces like underneath kitchen benches, inside cupboards and laundries. It’s suitable for small households of 1-2 people. The compact design allows for fast and easy installation. Dual handed fittings and recessed plugs mean they can be rotated to fit into tight spaces.
Rheem hot water systems come with a 7 year cylinder warranty, 3 year labour warranty on the cylinder and one year parts and labour warranty on all other components. Rheem’s solid reputation and generous warranty should give the property owner peace of mind.
Link: Small hot water system prices »
Need a small electric hot water system?
Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with new hot water systems (of all sizes), ready to get you back to enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly. Our licenced hot water heater installers service all Sydney suburbs and offer a fast installation service (often same day*).
We service all Sydney suburbs and are accredited service technicians for all water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
* While our same day hot water installation service is often available, it is dependent upon our availability on that day and the time of day you contact us. To check availability, please give us a call. We’re here to help and want all our customers back enjoying trouble-free hot water as soon as possible.
Particulars of this small electric hot water system installation
- Attend the customer’s Dee Why apartment (Northern Beaches) to assess repair / replace leaking compact hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Run tests on the customer’s old hot water system. Determine the tank was cracked and beyond economical repair.
- Disconnect the old instant hot water system from the electricity supply.
- Discuss replacement small electric hot water system options with the customer.
- Supply and install new Rheem 45 litre electric hot water system (model 191047).
- Install new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Replace and reconnect hot and cold water pipework.
- Commission and test the new hot water system. ‘
- Take away the old hot water system for recycling.
- Clean up the site of any associated rubbish.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across all Sydney suburbs.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?