Fast hot water heater replacement Sydney.
Gas | Solar | Electric
We received a call from the real estate property manager of a townhouse development in Annandale (Inner West) when one of their tenants reported that their hot water heater was leaking.
The Vulcan hot water heater was located in a garage storage facility so the tenant didn’t know there was a problem until one of their neighbours reported it to them.
The property manager provided us with the tenant’s contact information and we liaised with them directly, organising a time to attend the property later that day.
The hot water heater had a significant leak
Once onsite, we could see immediately that the hot water storage tank had a significant leak. Interestingly, the tenant had been running out of hot water recently but thought they were using more than usual. Running out of hot water more regularly is typically a sign that there is a problem with your hot water heater and it should be investigated.
Unfortunately, the repair of a split tank in a hot water system is an uneconomical solution. The manufacturers stop producing spare parts for older systems and hot water replacement is the only option.
Hot water replacement service
We contacted the property manager and explained the only solution was a new hot water replacement heater. We discussed our recommendations, based on the size of the property and household hot water usage, and the property manager agreed that the Rheem 250 litre electric hot water heater (model: 491250) was a suitable choice for a three bedroom, two bathroom townhouse.
Features of the Rheem 491250 hot water heater
This Rheem 491250 is a hard working electric hot water system that is perfect for households with up to 5 people. It has a common footprint and fitting location to older electric hot water heaters for an easy changeover. Dual-handed fittings provide installation flexibility. A twin element model is available for faster heating making it perfect for households that need an extra boost of hot water. If members of the household like to shower at the same time as running the washing machine then you’ll appreciate the extra hot water that having an extra element provides. Rheem’s Ultranamel® Class Y enamel protects the cylinder with a tough, durable coating and the thicker sacrificial anode provides additional protection for the cylinder against water-borne contaminants. It is manufactured in Australia.
- Further reading: Electric hot water heater prices »
Particulars of this hot water replacement job
- Attend the Annandale (Inner West) townhouse to diagnose the problem with the leaking Vulcan hot water heater.
- Liaise with the property manager and tenant to arrange property access.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Report to the property manager that the old hot water heater was beyond economical repair due to a split storage cylinder. Discuss replacement hot water system options and recommendations.
- Isolate the Vulcan hot water heater from the electricity supply. Retest the system with an external device.
- Drain and remove the old Vulcan hot water heater.
- Supply and install a new Rheem 250 litre electric hot water heater (model: 491250).
- Install 15mm tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Codes.
- Reconnect the new hot water system to the existing power circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect to the hot and cold pipework.
- Commission and test the system.
- Recycle the old hot water heater.
- Clean up the site and dispose of any associated rubbish.
- Report back to the property manager when the job was complete.
Fast hot water replacement
We work with real estate agents, property managers, businesses and homeowners located in all Sydney suburbs, assisting them in ensuring the fast repair of their hot water systems whenever problems arise.
Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with new replacement hot water systems and spare parts to get you back to enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly.
We service all Sydney suburbs and are accredited service technicians for all water heater makes and models including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more. We’re here to help.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or a qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?