Replace gas hot water system.
This Avalon customer (Northern Beaches Sydney) contacted us first thing on a Saturday morning when they woke to discover they had no hot water.
The thought of no hot water over the weekend for this busy family, complete with three teenage girls, filled the parents with dread and they booked an emergency service call-out for that morning.
The hot water storage tank was split and leaking water
Once onsite, Steve ran a series of tests on the customer’s existing solar hot water system (with gas backup) to determine why they had no hot water. Steve uncovered a few problems, including a split in the cylinder that was slowly leaking, so asked the customer for more information. She explained that their hot water had been unreliable for some time. This would explain why they were running out of hot water – it had been leaking out of the split in the storage tank.
Servicing your hot water heater can prevent a catastrophic breakdown
Typically, smaller problems (such as unreliable hot water delivery) are a sign that a bigger problem, such as a complete breakdown, is on the horizon. Had the split and leaking cylinder been left unattended, it would most probably have eventually burst.
Unfortunately, the manufacturers of the customer’s existing solar hot water system had stopped producing spare parts making it beyond economical repair. A replacement hot water system was necessary.
Steve went on to explain the various gas hot water systems within their budget and the customer decided to install a new Rheem Stellar 160 litre gas hot water replacement system (model: 850360). The new hot water system could be installed in the same location at the side of the house. We were able to utilise the existing gas pipes that were used for the gas backup for the old solar hot water system.
The customer’s hot water usage requirements had changed.
Since installing their original solar HWS, the family’s hot water usage requirements had changed considerably.
The children had grown into teenagers and enjoyed much longer showers than when they were younger. Additionally, the house had been extensively renovated and they were now running two dishwashers. There was also a lot more clothes washing!
They would definitely need the biggest storage tank their budget would allow to ensure they didn’t run out of hot water.
Fast gas hot water replacement
Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with new hot water systems and replacement spare parts, ready to get you back to enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly. We service all Sydney suburbs and are accredited service technicians for all water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more. We’re here to help.
Gas hot water replacement
The Rheem Stellar 360 is a premium gas hot water system that is both energy efficient and offers fast replacement of hot water used. Its 5-star energy efficiency rating reduces gas bills. It is suitable for large households of 6 adults.
With a 200-litre-per-hour hot water recovery capacity and 360-litre first-hour capacity, offers the convenience of waiting less time between showers. Best of all, you can have multiple taps running at the same time without losing mains pressure.
This Rheem hot water system comes with a 10 year cylinder warranty, 3 years labour warranty on the cylinder, and 1 year parts and labour warranty on all other components for domestic (non-commercial) installations *
* Warranty conditions may apply.
Rheem Stellar features
5 Star gas energy efficiency helps save on gas bills
- Replaces hot water as it’s used faster than any other gas water heater (ideal for large households)
High 200L per hour hot water recovery providing a massive 360L first hour capacity
Suitable for connection to natural gas
Made in Australia
Further reading: Rheem Stellar 360 gas hot water heater (model: 850360) »
Particulars of this gas hot water replacement job
Assess the site for safety and make necessary
- Attend the customer’s Avalon (Northern Beaches) property to assess why the customer’s solar hot water system not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions.
- Run tests on the existing solar hot water system. Determine it was beyond economical repair.
- Discuss replacement solar hot water systems with the customer.
- Discuss the process of switching from solar to gas hot water replacement.
- Drain, disconnect and remove the old solar hot water system (whilst we can remove them, the customer was happy for us to leave the old solar collectors on the roof).
- Supply and install a new Rheem Stellar 160 litre gas hot water system (model: 850360) back in the same position.
- Install new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Connect to the existing gas and water supply pipework. Make adjustments, where necessary.
- Commission and test the new gas hot water system.
- Take away the old solar hot water storage tank for recycling.
- Clean up the site of any associated rubbish.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call-out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or a qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?