Switching from gas hot water to electric.
We were recently contacted by a new customer in Blacktown who wanted to replace their old instantaneous gas hot water system that was mounted on the wall with a new, outdoor electric hot water system. Whilst this isn’t common (usually people switch from electric to gas hot water), we’re happy to help customers with whatever hot water assistance they need.
The original instantaneous gas hot water system was mounted on the wall of the outdoor entertaining patio of the Blacktown townhouse. The customer thought it was an eyesore and, every time someone turned on a hot water tap, it made a series of noises as it fired up to heat up the water. Additionally, the instantaneous gas hot water system was very old and was starting to incur problems. The customer thought this was a sign to remove it from the patio wall and install a new electric hot water system out of sight in a disused area of the courtyard.
What size hot water system?
Once onsite at the Blacktown home, we assessed the areas of the home that were suitable for the installation of the new electric hot water system. Next, we discussed the hot water usage requirements of the household to ensure we installed a system that accommodated their needs now and into the future.
The only occupants of the property were the mother, father and teenage son. First, we calculated the hot water usage of the ‘humans’ in the home. Next, we look at the hot water usage demands of appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers which can use as much hot water as one person. We also discuss whether their hot water usage demands are likely to change in the future. For example, teenagers use more hot water than younger children.
Vulcan electric hot water system installation
Considering all this, we recommended the Vulcan 125Ltr electric hot water system (model: 6D1125V7). This comes with a generous 10 year warranty, giving the customer peace of mind for many years to come.
Within a few hours, the customer was back enjoying trouble-free hot water. After repairing the holes in the patio wall that held the old hot water system, they were then able to enjoy entertaining on their patio without looking at, or hearing, their HWS working away.
- Attend the Blacktown property to assess the removal of an old instantaneous gas hot water system and install a new electric hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and take appropriate actions, if required.
- Assess suitable sites for the placement of the new electric hot water system.
- Discuss with the customer the hot water usage requirements of the household.
- Remove the old instantaneous gas hot water system and associated pipework from the patio wall.
- Supply and install a new Vulcan 125 litre electric hot water heater with 10 year warranty (model: 6D1125V7).
- Install new RMC tempering valve and RMC duo valve.
- Recommission the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site of any associated rubbish. Recycle the old hot water system.
WANT TO SWITCH FROM GAS TO ELECTRIC HOT WATER?
We are your local Blacktown hot water specialists. With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today.
Don’t hesitate to contact our team for helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Blacktown
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.