Hot water heater installers North Shore.
We received an early morning call from a Property Manager at a Lower North Shore real estate agency, asking us to attend a Neutral Bay rental property where the tenant had reported they woke up to no hot water.
We contacted the tenants directly and, because they had to go to work, gave us permission to pick up the key from the real estate agent to access the property. Within an hour or so, we were onsite at the Neutral Bay unit to assess the source of the problem.
After running a series of tests on the existing, 20+ year old, hot water system, it became clear there were multiple problems. Unfortunately, manufacturers stop producing spare parts for old hot water systems so it’s virtually impossible to fix them.
We contacted the Property Manager and explained the situation. After contacting the property owner, we were given approval to supply and install a new hot water system. We opted for a tank the same size as the old one and recommended the Rheem 80 litre single element electric hot water system (model 481080V7). This compact hot water heater is a great option for most apartments as it doesn’t take up much space. It was the perfect size for the small laundry in the Neutral Bay apartment.
- Discuss access to Neutral Bay rental property with the property manager and tenants.
- Pick up access key from North Shore real estate agency.
- Attend the Neutral Bay apartment to assess problems with electric hot water system not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the old hot water heater from the electricity supply.
- Retest the system with an external device.
- Ascertain the old hot water heater presented multiple problems and was not suitable for repair.
- Discuss replacement hot water heater options with the property manager.
- Drain and remove the old hot water system.
- Supply and install new Rheem element electric hot water heater 80 litre (model 481080V7) back in the same location (laundry).
- Install new 15mm RMC tempering valve.
- Reconnect to the electricity supply.
- Adjust and reconnect to cold and hot water pipework.
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water system.
NO HOT WATER?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing and/or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful hot water advice you can trust.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Rheem electric hot water heater prices »
Cheapa Hot Water North Shore + Northern Beaches
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
Save time and money by employing a local hot water expert
Did you know that often the repair and installation of a hot water system requires the expertise and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician?
We are qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to ensure your hot water heater is repaired quickly and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Your hot water heater is an expensive appliance. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?