We were contacted by a distressed elderly couple living in Turramurra, on Sydney’s Upper North Shore, when they realised they had no hot water.
Upon taking the call, our hot water specialist John could sense the couple had a slight distrust of tradespeople. They had obviously had a bad experience in the past, so John tried to ease their trepidation by explaining the process our team takes when visiting a customer’s home. We find many customers are concerned about COVID too and John promised to ensure he wore a mask whilst undertaking the repair.
Within an hour or so, John was onsite assessing why the Rheem hot water system located under the house was not producing hot water.
As authorised Rheem hot water system repair technicians, we know their hot water systems inside out. John ran a series of tests and inspected all parts. He quickly determined that there was a problem with the thermostat – hence, no hot water.
The broken thermostat was replaced with a brand new, genuine Rheem thermostat. Whilst on-site, John also replaced the TRP valve. This is a cost-effective part replacement process and will give the customer peace of mind for many more years.
After completing the job, John was rewarded with a cup of tea and homemade biscuits. At Cheapa Hot Water, we pride ourselves on our honest, old-fashioned service and it certainly won these customers over!
- Attend the Turrumurra property to assess the problem with Rheem electric hot water system not producing hot water.
- Assess the site for safety and take any necessary actions.
- Isolate the hot water system from the main power. Re-test the load at the hot water system using an external device.
- Inspect and test the element for correct OHMs reading. No problems detected.
- Inspect and test the thermostat. Faults found. Replace with a genuine Rheem thermostat.
- Replace TPR valve (15mm RMS HTE55-1 1000kpa)
- Recommission the hot water system.
- When load is re-established, take a current reading.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Enjoy a cup of tea with the customer.
READ THIS! IT COULD SAVE YOU THOUSANDS…
Have you been told by a plumber or hot water company that your hot water system needs to be replaced – at a considerable cost? If so, contact the hot water specialists here at Cheapa Hot Water for advice. Over the years we have saved countless customers thousands of dollars by undertaking cost-effective repairs to faulty hot water heaters when they had been told they couldn’t be fixed. Don’t believe us? We can put you in touch with these customers for verification. A phone call to Cheapa Hot Water may save you thousands! Call 0410 693 532 to speak to a hot water specialist now.
No hot water?
With 25+ years of expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for the helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water North Shore
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair thousands of hot water systems in homes and businesses on North Shore and across Sydney.
- Based at Warriewood, we are a local hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and North Shore.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to bet any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.