We were recently contacted by a customer at Avalon on Sydney’s Northern Beaches to replace their existing Rinnai gas hot water system with a brand new one.
The customer at this Northern Beaches home had an existing Rinnai instantaneous gas hot water system installed in their home. After a major renovation, the addition of an extra bathroom coupled with the demands of a growing family (kids grew into teenagers), the old Rinnai instantaneous system wasn’t capable of producing enough hot water during times of peak demand.
We had installed the original Rinnai hot water system so they called us back to complete the replacement of the new one.
First, we calculated the customer’s household hot water usage demands to ensure we upgraded them to an instantaneous hot water system that would fulfil their needs now and into the future. It’s important to mention that the hot water usage demands of the adults and teenagers in the home. Importantly, we don’t just consider the hot water usage of the ‘humans’ in the house but those of appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers which can use as much hot water as one person.
After discussing the customer’s hot water usage requirements, we recommended a new Rinnai B26 instantaneous gas hot water system.
- Attend the Northern Beaches property to install a new instantaneous gas hot water system.
- Discuss the customer’s hot water usage requirements and upgrade options.
- Assess the site for safety and make necessary arrangements.
- Disconnect the existing Rinnai instantaneous hot water system from the gas supply. Remove.
- Remove the existing Rinnai instantaneous hot water system.
- Supply and install new Rinnai B26 instantaneous gas hot water system.
- Install new tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code.
- Adjust and reconnect gas pipe.
- Adjust and reconnect hot and cold water pipework.
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Recycle old hot water system.
- Clean up the site and dispose of any associated rubbish.
Continuous Flow & Instantaneous Gas Hot Water Systems
Instantaneous or continuous flow gas hot water systems heat the water as you need it, for as long as you need it, so you never run out. Instantaneous HWS work different to storage water heaters as they heat on demand instead of storing hot water in a tank.
They are typically mounted to the wall and take up less space than storage gas HWS so are ideal for compact home sites and apartments. Some have a pilot light which uses a small amount of gas. Electric ignition is more economical but in a black out you lose your hot water supply.
Features of instantaneous (continuous flow) hot water systems
- Heat only as much hot water as you need, when you need it.
- The water can take a few seconds to heat as it starts flowing through the pipes to the tap. The time taken will depend upon the pipe distance from the HWS to the tap.
- No heat loss as hot water is not stored in a tank.
- Typically cheaper to run than gas storage systems.
- 5-10 year warranties.
- Some low flow showerheads may not trigger the water heater to turn on. We happily and quickly rectify this problem for our customers.
- Some instantaneous HWS come with electronic temperature controllers which allow you to choose the exact temperature you need and guard against scalding. Ask us for advice.
- Some instantaneous gas systems are solar ready and can be upgraded without the need for special fittings. Ask us for advice.
- If natural gas isn’t available in your area or building, LPG (liquid petroleum gas) bottles are an option. LPG is more expensive than natural gas. Use this link to check if natural gas is available to your home »
GAS HOT WATER INSTALLATIONS
With 25+ years expertise, we’re happy to help and provide advice so you make the right decision when it comes to fixing or replacing your hot water heater. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today.
Don’t hesitate to contact our team for helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Northern Beaches
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.