This Sydney customer, located in Hornsby, took advantage of the generous heat pump rebates that are currently available when their old Vulcan electric hot water system stopped working.
We received a call from this Hornsby customer whose old Vulcan hot water heater had stopped producing hot water. They weren’t aware of the hot water heater rebates that are currently available when NSW residents upgrade from an electric hot water system to solar hot water or an energy-efficient heat pump.
We explained the money they would receive from the Government rebate and, not surprisingly, they jumped at the offer. More information about the solar hot water rebates »
With the solar hot water rebates, Sydney residents save hundreds (even thousands) on the supply and installation of a new solar hot water system or heat pump. Best of all, this Hornsby customer will now enjoy an ongoing saving of up to 65% on their hot water heating bills from now on. It’s a win for the customer and a win for the environment.
We discussed the solar hot water and heat pump models that are eligible for the rebates and the customer chose to install a new Chromagen heat pump 280 litre (model:RSJ-23/300RDN3-B).
** IMPORTANT **
The Government rebates available through the NSW hot water rebate scheme and Australian Government Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme will only be available for the next 12 months. If your existing hot water heater is getting old or you’re thinking of upgrading to a more energy-efficient system so you can save up to 65% on your hot water running costs, contact our friendly team today to discuss the rebates available to you. We’re here to help.
- Attend the Hornsby property to diagnose problems with the existing Vulcan electric hot water system.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the existing Vulcan electric hot water system at the main power. Re-test load at system with an external device.
- Drain and remove the old Vulcan electric hot water heater.
- Supply and install a new Chromagen heat pump hot water heater (280 litre – model RSJ-23/300RDN3-B)
- Install 15mm RMC solar tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code
- Reconnect the new heat pump to the existing hot and cold pipework
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Dispose of and recycle the old electric hot water heater.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Complete and submit the paperwork for the customer claiming the solar rebates.
Take advantage of the hot water rebates
Contact our friendly team for obligation-free advice about installing an energy efficient heat pump or solar hot water system so you can start significantly reducing your energy bills (and your carbon footprint) today. We’re here to help.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Browse other heat pumps available »
- Find out if you’re eligible to claim the solar rebate »
Chromagen heat pumps harvest free energy from the surrounding air to heat your hot water. Using this renewable resource uses up to 65% less energy to heat your hot water than conventional water heaters, thereby reducing your bills and carbon emissions.
Chromagen heat pumps use smart technology to efficiently transfer thermal energy directly from the surrounding air into the water. That means the heat pump doesn’t have to rely on direct sunlight or fossil fuels to provide the energy source. From 1kW of power input, the Chromagen heat pump creates over 4kW of output heat. That is a power efficiency of 400%!! In comparison, conventional electric hot water systems can only convert 1kW of input power into a maximum of 1kW of output heat.
DID YOU KNOW? Switching from electric or gas hot water can reduce your CO2 emissions by over 4 tonnes per year, saving up to $930 per year on your energy bills*.
- How do heat pumps work?
- Australian Government solar hot water rebates – Claiming STCs
- Solar hot water rebates NSW
- Heat pump prices
- Solar hot water system prices
Cheapa Solar Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.