With Government hot water rebates now available to NSW homeowners and businesses, it’s never been a better time to upgrade to solar hot water or install an energy-efficient heat pump.
This Warriewood customer, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, was constantly running out of hot water and contacted us for advice. The solution couldn’t have been simpler! We suggested they take advantage of the Government hot water rebates currently available and switch to a heat pump hot water heater.
We booked a time to visit the customers onsite at their townhouse the following day. Once onsite, we could see why they were always running out of hot water. With 4 adults living at the property, their current system was way too small for their household hot water usage requirements. An upgrade was long overdue.
The customers understood they needed to upgrade to a bigger hot water system and were excited to discover the financial incentives available through the Government hot water rebate scheme when upgrading from electric hot water to an energy-efficient solar system or heat pump.
Living in a strata townhouse, installing a roof top solar hot water system wasn’t an option available to them. An environmentally friendly, energy efficient alternative was to install a heat pump hot water heater.
We explained the models available under the Government hot water rebate scheme and they opted for a new Chromagen 160 litre heat pump (Model HP160).
It’s a win-win for the customer and the environment.
Not only can the customers enjoy the generous financial benefits offered to NSW residents under the Government hot water rebates scheme but their hot water bills will be drastically reduced, by as much as 65%, now they have switched from electric hot water to an energy-efficient heat pump. This represents significant ongoing savings for many years to come.
Best of all, they can now enjoy longer showers without fear of running out of hot water, confident their hot water running costs will be much cheaper and they’ve also reduced their carbon footprint. It’s a win-win for the customer and the environment.
Government hot water rebate questions?
Contact our friendly team for more information about the NSW hot water rebates and how you could potentially save thousands on the supply and installation costs of your new solar hot water system or heat pump.
There are some eligibility conditions so please contact us for advice. After answering a few simple questions, we can let you know over the phone whether you’re eligible for the rebates available and how much you’ll be able to claim.
How do heat pumps work?
Heat pumps use technology to extract and intensify the warmth that is naturally in the air around us then use that warmth to produce hot water. They don’t use solar collectors mounted on the roof like solar systems.
The heat pump consists of an insulated storage tank and a heating module. The heating module must be installed outdoors, but there are options to install the storage tank either outdoors with the heating module, or indoors separated from the heating module by up to 4 metres.
A heat pump works to heat water by transferring the intensified warmth from the air around it into the water, stored in the tank, via a heat exchange system that works in a similar way to an air conditioner.
When emptied, it takes time to reheat to have you back in hot water. Heat pumps draw less electricity than a traditional electric storage water heater, and in doing so, are more energy efficient. They do take longer to heat water, so consider a larger tank capacity to ensure you have enough hot water when you need it.
The benefits of heat pump hot water systems
- Heat pumps are an ideal replacement option for an electric water heater as they will often use existing plumbing
- Heat pumps are a great alternative to solar where unshaded north facing or limited roof space is a problem as they don’t require the installation of roof-mounted solar collectors.
- Heat pumps can attract solar rebates and incentives. Ask us for more information.
- Heat pumps consume about 1/3 the electricity of traditional electric water heaters.
- Australian Government solar hot water rebates – Claiming STCs
- Solar hot water rebates NSW
- Heat pump prices
- Solar hot water system prices
Cheapa Solar Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.