Does your hot water tank need replacing? We’re here to help and offer fast assistance to customers in all Sydney suburbs.
Since 1998, our specialists have been repairing and replacing hot water tanks in homes and businesses throughout Sydney. Below we’ve outlined common reasons why our customers call us for hot water tank replacement.
Like all appliances, hot water heaters don’t last forever. If maintained correctly and serviced every 5 years or so, most tanks will last many years, even decades.
Unfortunately, as hot water systems get older, manufacturers stop producing spare parts and replacement tanks. When old systems encounter problems and need to be repaired, spare parts may not be available and hot water tank replacement is the only option.
How we can help…
Contact our friendly team
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair, install and replace hundreds of hot water tanks in homes and businesses across Sydney. Our trucks are on the road right now filled with replacement hot water tanks of all sizes. Take advantage of our buying power and our ability to purchase directly from the manufacturer. We offer free delivery on all new hot water systems and complimentary disposal of your old hot water tank after installation.
READ THIS! IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND MONEY
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician. At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget. Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Common reasons for hot water tank replacement
Not Hot Water or Running Out Of Hot Water
Waking up to or returning from work to find you don’t have hot water is enough to send chills (literally) up the spines of most Sydney-siders. Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Common reasons why you may not have hot water
- Electricity supply problem : If you have an electric hot water tank, make sure it is receiving electricity. Check your circuit breaker or electricity fuse box to ensure nothing has been tripped or a fuse hasn’t blown. If this is the case, contact our friendly team for advice.
- Gas supply problem : If you have a gas hot water tank, check the gas supply is turned on and there aren’t problems with the gas line. We are gas hot water specialists and can assist if you’re not sure if this is the problem.
- Gas pilot light : If you have a gas hot water tank, check that the pilot light is on. If not, relight it according to the instructions in the manual or follow the instructions here if you have a Rheem Stellar or Rheem 5 Star gas hot water system. Not sure how to relight the gas pilot light? Contact us for assistance.
- Thermostat setting : Check the thermostat on your hot water tank is set to an appropriate temperature for hot water. Setting the temperature of your water heater »
- Electric heating element : In an electric water heater, a faulty or broken heating element can lead to no hot water. Contact us for water heater element replacement and repair.
- Gas burner : If the gas burner is faulty or broken, this can lead to no hot water. Contact us for gas burner replacement and repair.
- Tank capacity : If the capacity of your hot water tank is inadequate you may run out of hot water or have no hot water at all whilst you wait for it to heat up again. If this is happening regularly, you may need to replace your old water tank with a larger one that is sufficient for your hot water usage requirements. Get in touch for advice on the best hot water tank to suit your usage requirements and budget.
Leaking Hot Water Tank
Leaking hot water tanks are one of the most common emergency calls we receive from our Sydney customers every day.
The outside location of most gas, electric and solar hot water systems mean that most people don’t realise their hot water heater is leaking until they start running out of hot water prematurely. Worse, it may not be until they completely run out of hot water that they take measures to locate the problem and, only then, discover the leak.
Of course, a leaking indoor hot water heater can also go unnoticed and usually causes bigger issues caused by internal water damage. This is why we strongly recommend that your hot water system should be serviced every five years or so as this should identify and resolve problems before they arise.
Unfortunately, a split tank is typically unable to be repaired and hot water tank replacement is required.
IMPORTANT: If your hot water heater is leaking a substantial amount, i.e. more than a bucket of water in 24 hours, we strongly recommend you call us on 0410 693 532 for advice and, if required, emergency assistance. This can be an indication of a more serious problem.
Switching Hot Water Systems – Gas, Electric, Solar, Heat Pump
We can replace your old hot water system to a new gas, solar, heat pump or electric hot water tank.
Perhaps you’re feeling the economic pinch caused by rising energy prices or you want to do your part for the environment and to replace your old hot water tank with a more energy-efficient system.
Fast hot water tank replacement Sydney
Whatever the reason you want to replace your old hot water tank, we offer fast assistance to all Sydney suburbs. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with a huge range of replacement hot water tanks to ensure you’re back enjoying trouble-free hot water quickly.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water tank..
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying power and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to replace and install a new hot water tank. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.