Chromagen heat pump rebates.
The Government solar hot water system rebates saved this customer hundreds on the supply and installation of a new Chromagen hot water system when their old Rheem electric hot water heater stopped working.
Upgrade to solar or Chromagen hot water system and save.
It’s never been a better time to upgrade from electric or gas hot water to a new solar hot water system or energy-efficient heat pump. The Federal and NSW State Governments are currently offering generous solar hot water system rebates to NSW customers and businesses who upgrade.
Best of all, by switching to a more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly hot water heater, you can reduce the ongoing costs of your hot water heating bills by as much as 65%. It’s a win for the environment and your hip pocket.
When this Hills District customer contacted us to fix their old Rheem electric hot water heater, we explained that they may be eligible to claim the Chromagen hot water system rebates. They were keen to know more… We arrange to visit the property that afternoon.
Once onsite at the Bella Vista property, hot water specialist Steve could see that the existing hot water system was very old. After running some tests he explained that, while the Rheem hot water heater could be repaired, the cost would probably be more than to supply and install a new energy-efficient Chromagen heat pump after claiming the hot water system rebate. Steve also explained, even if he repaired the old electric hot water system, due to its age it probably wouldn’t last much longer anyway.
It was obvious to the customer that it was better value for money if they installed a new Chromagen hot water system and claimed the rebate. Scroll down to find out how heat pumps work.
The customer will now save money on their ongoing hot water bills.
By taking advantage of the hot water system rebate scheme, the customer not only benefited from a generous financial payment toward the hot water system replacement cost but their hot water heating bills will be reduced by as much as 65!! The customer was elated. It’s a win for the customer’s hip pocket and the environment.
** IMPORTANT **
The Government rebates available through the NSW hot water rebate scheme and Australian Government Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme will only be available for the next 12 months. If your existing hot water heater is getting old or you’re thinking of upgrading to a more energy-efficient system so you can save up to 65% on your hot water running costs, contact our friendly team today to discuss the rebates available to you. We’re here to help.
- Attend the Bella Vista (Hills District) property to diagnose problems with the customer’s existing Rheem electric hot water heater.
- Assess the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Isolate the existing hot water system at the main power. Re-test load at system with an external device.
- Explain the repair status of the hot water system. Discuss repair costs and options with the customer. Explain details of the solar hot water system rebate scheme.
- Drain and remove the old Rheem electric hot water heater.
- Supply and install a new Chromagen heat pump hot water heater.
- Install a new, larger concrete slab to house the new Chromagen heat pump.
- Install 15mm RMC solar tempering valve to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code
- Reconnect the new heat pump to the existing hot and cold pipework
- Commission and test the new hot water system.
- Dispose of and recycle the old electric hot water heater.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Complete and submit the paperwork for the customer claiming the solar rebates.
Take advantage of the hot water rebates
Contact our friendly team for obligation-free advice about installing a Chromagen heat pump so you can start reducing your energy bills (and your carbon footprint) today. We’re here to help.
- Call 0410 693 532
- SMS 0410 693 532
- Send an email
- Online enquiry form »
- Browse other heat pumps available »
How do heat pumps work?
Heat pumps use technology to extract and intensify the warmth that is naturally in the air around us then use that warmth to produce hot water. They don’t use solar collectors mounted on the roof like solar systems.
The heat pump consists of an insulated storage tank and a heating module. The heating module must be installed outdoors, but there are options to install the storage tank either outdoors with the heating module, or indoors separated from the heating module by up to 4 metres.
A heat pump works to heat water by transferring the intensified warmth from the air around it into the water, stored in the tank, via a heat exchange system that works in a similar way to an air conditioner.
When emptied, it takes time to reheat to have you back in hot water. Heat pumps draw less electricity than a traditional electric storage water heater, and in doing so, are more energy efficient. They do take longer to heat water, so consider a larger tank capacity to ensure you have enough hot water when you need it.
The benefits of heat pump hot water systems
- Heat pumps are an ideal replacement option for an electric water heater as they will often use existing plumbing
- Heat pumps are a great alternative to solar where unshaded north facing or limited roof space is a problem as they don’t require the installation of roof-mounted solar collectors.
- Heat pumps can attract solar rebates and incentives. Ask us for more information.
- Heat pumps consume about 1/3 the electricity of traditional electric water heaters.
- Australian Government solar hot water rebates – Claiming STCs
- Solar hot water rebates NSW
- Heat pump prices
- Solar hot water system prices
Cheapa Solar Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install and repair hundreds of hot water systems in homes and businesses across the entire Sydney area.
Don’t waste money employing multiple trades.
Did you know that a new hot water system is a big investment and often needs the installation and setup of plumbing, gas and electric components? This requires the experience and qualifications of both a licensed plumber and a licensed electrician.
At Cheapa Hot Water, we are licensed and qualified to undertake any plumbing and electrical work required to complete your hot water system installation or repair quickly, and within budget.
Plumbers who do not specialise in the installation of hot water heaters may need to outsource the electrical work required to another tradesperson, thereby holding up your hot water system repair or installation, adding extra expense due to additional call out fees charged by employing two tradespeople.
Don’t risk voiding your hot water heater warranty
Additionally, most manufacturers won’t cover the terms of your hot water system warranty if it isn’t installed by a licensed hot water technician or qualified plumber. Hot water tanks are an expensive appliance so why would you risk voiding your warranty by installing it yourself or employing the services of someone who isn’t licensed?
Save money today by calling our Sydney hot water experts. Our trucks are on the road right now stocked with thousands of spare parts to repair and service your hot water heater quickly.
Benefits to our residential customers
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we repair and install thousands of hot water systems in homes across Sydney.
- We are a Sydney hot water company and can quickly provide onsite assistance to customers and businesses.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater (where applicable).
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves on our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot, Chromagen and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system quickly. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment. Ask about same-day assistance.
- We supply a huge range of gas, solar and electric HWS and guarantee to beat any genuine hot water system price with fast and free delivery.