Common reasons why your hot water heater is making strange noises.
Hot water heaters make noise whilst they go about their job of heating cold water and sending to your pipes and appliances. If you notice a change in the noises coming from your hot water heater or it because increasingly audible each time you turn on the hot water tap, then it might be a good time do some further investigation.
Common noises made by hot water systems
Gurgling, crackling or popping : These noises may be caused by the contraction and expansion of the hot water tank during normal operation. Other causes may be due to sediment build up that may trap water under a film of caked build up. When the water heats up it is forced through a small hole and may make a “popping” sound. Usually these sounds are nothing to worry about however it might be worthwhile giving our hot water specialists a quick call just to make sure.
Screeching or screaming : If the valves on your hot water heater are not opening properly, when water is forced through the valve when you turn on the tap, the force of the water pressure can cause an audible screaming or screeching sound. If you’re hearing more of a whine sound then this can be due to scale build up on the heating element.
Bubbling : If you’re hearing a bubbling sound coming from your hot water heater then contact one of our hot water specialists immediately. This usually means that the heater is overheating or there is a pressure build up. This can be extremely dangerous and needs immediate attention. Contact our emergency hot water repair technicians for prompt assistance.
Solutions for noisy hot water systems
Gurgling, crackling or popping sounds may not be something to worry about however a quick call to our hot water specialists won’t hurt to put your mind at ease. Screeching or screaming noises may be due to a faulty valve operation which will need replacing. Call us on 0410 693 532 to schedule a hot water service. This isn’t a costly process and the job can usually be completed under one hour.
IMPORTANT – Bubbling sounds from your hot water heater could indicate an overheating or pressure build up issue and requires emergency assistance. Call us immediately – 0410 693 532
For hot water heater service advice
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business. We are the Sydney hot water experts. All our hot water systems are competitively priced because we purchase large quantities direct from the manufacturers – a saving we can pass on to our customers.
The benefits of dealing with dedicated hot water specialist plumbers
Our experienced, licensed hot water installers, in fully equipped trucks, are on the road right now to ensure your hot water heater problems fixed quickly – today! We service all Sydney suburbs.
- Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install over 4,000 hot water systems in Sydney homes and businesses.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- Cheapa Hot Water is an Australian, family owned business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- We pride ourselves on fast service for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems.
- Free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.