Solar hot water repairs Sydney.
We were contacted by a customer at Oatley, in the Georges River area Sydney, whose Everlast solar hot water system had stopped producing reliable hot water.
Everlast solar hot water system repair diagnosis.
Once onsite at the property, our solar hot water specialist Steve, ran a series of tests to ascertain what the problem was with the existing solar hot water system.
Thankfully, the tests revealed that the problem was with the existing Everlast tank. The solar ground kit, pump and tubes were all working correctly.
Steve discussed replacement tank options and costs with the customer and they decided to replace the Everlast with a new Therman electric solar hot water heater (model: TH315GLE).
Thermann solar hot water system installation.
The new tank was installed in the same location as the old one. After some simple adjustments to the existing cold and hot water pipework – a standard procedure when installing a new hot water system – the customer was back enjoying trouble-free solar hot water (with electric backup) within a few hours.
A new tempering valve needed to be installed to comply with AS3500 Plumbing Code requirements.
- Attend the Oatley property to assess and repair problems with the existing Everlast solar hot water system.
- Inspect the site for safety and make appropriate arrangements.
- Disconnect the Everlast hot water tank from the electrical supply at the meter.
- Retest for load at the system with an external device.
- Test the solar ground kit, pump and tubes. All working correctly.
- Test the electric hot water heater tank. Uncover multiple problems.
- Drain and remove the existing Everlast tank.
- Supply and install new Thermann solar hot water system in the same location.
- Install all necessary valving, including new tempering valve, to comply with AS3500 Plumbing code.
- Reconnect the new system to the existing boost power circuit.
- Adjust and reconnect the hot and cold pipework.
- Commission and test the new system.
- Collect and complete small-scale technology certificate (STC) forms and paperwork. Submit.
- Clean up the site and remove any associated rubbish.
- Dispose of and recycle the old hot water system.
Solar hot water rebates – Claiming STCs
What is the Small Scale Renewable Energy Scheme?
The Federal Government introduced the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme to encourage individuals and small businesses to install renewable energy systems in their home or business.
How does the Small Scale Renewable Energy Scheme work?
The Small Scale Renewable Energy Scheme works through the creation of small-scale technology certificates (STCs). The amount of CO2 emissions saved or generated by an appliance are calculated into STCs. Each STC represents 1 megawatt hour (MWh) of electricity displaced over a 10 year period. The number of STC’s created varies with the size and model of solar water heater and the region (or zone) in which the unit is installed. The value of an STC is not fixed and varies depending on market factors.
Do STCs reduce the price of a new hot water system?
STCs can reduced the price of your new solar hot water system
By installing a solar water heater or heat pump, you may be eligible for STCs. These STCs can be used to reduce the purchase price of your new solar hot water system, potentially saving you thousands of dollars.
Once you install a solar water heater, the STCs produced can be traded and sold on the open market. Most customers assign the right to create your STCs to their hot water heater installer (i.e. Cheapa Hot Water) who will then pay you the value of the STCs as an upfront discount on your solar hot water system. Typically, when we install a solar hot water system for a customer we calculate how may small-scale technology cerficiates (STCs) will be created over the life of the solar hot water system, we then pass on an up-front discount that is equivalent to the value of the STCs.
It’s important to note that the value of STCs is not fixed and can vary over time. When you contact us about switching from gas or electric to a more energy efficient solar hot water system, we can explain the process in more detail and any discount that may be applicable.
NO SOLAR HOT WATER?
With 25+ years expertise, we have the expertise to quickly repair all solar, gas and electric hot water systems. Our trucks are on the road right now, stocked with thousands of spare parts and replacement hot water heaters to get you back enjoying trouble-free hot water today. Don’t hesitate to contact John or Steve for helpful advice you can trust.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney – The Solar Hot Water Specialists
Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install hundreds of hot water systems in homes in the Hills District and the entire Sydney metropolitan area.
- We offer free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal and recycling of your old water heater.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years experience each. We are fully insured and pride ourselves of our old-fashioned customer service.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste time and money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.