How hot should you set your hot water heater temperature?
Under Australian law the internal temperature of a hot water heater must be set at 70 degrees celsius. This temperature kills harmful bacteria and preserves a safe operating temperature for your hot water system.
We would strongly discourage inexperienced people from adjusting their hot water thermostat themselves. Not only is there the potential of damaging your hot water heater and voiding your warranty, but you risk the potential of serious injury from electrocution.
A tempering valve will reduce the risk of hot water scalding
The hotter the temperature of your hot water heater, the greater the risk of a scalding accident. Our experienced tradespeople can fit a tempering valve to the hot water pipe running to your bathroom and ensuite which will keep the hot water temperature below 50 degrees celsius. This reduces the risk of scald injury yet still allows hotter water to flow to the kitchen and laundry.
NEED HOT WATER HEATER ASSISTANCE?
If these steps don’t provide any solutions, we suggest you contact our service department on 0410 693 532 for advice. Our hot water service centre is open 7 days a week from 7am – 6pm. We’re happy to help.
Cheapa Hot Water Sydney
Hot water is our business. We are the Sydney hot water experts. All our hot water systems are competitively priced because we purchase large quantities direct from the manufacturers – a saving we can pass on to our customers.
The benefits of dealing with dedicated hot water specialist plumbers
Our experienced, licensed hot water installers, in fully equipped trucks, are on the road right now to ensure your hot water heater problems fixed quickly – today! We service all Sydney suburbs.
- Hot water is our business – it’s not a sideline. Each year we install over 4,000 hot water systems in Sydney homes and businesses.
- As one of Sydney’s largest hot water system suppliers, our enormous buying powers and ability to buy direct from the manufacturer means we can pass attractive savings on to our customers.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater installers have over 25+ years of experience each.
- We are accredited service agents for all the hot water heater brands including Rheem, Dux, Rinnai, Aquamax, Bosch, Conergy, Hocking, Apricus, Vulcan, Edwards Solar, Solahart, Everhot and more.
- Cheapa Hot Water is an Australian, family owned business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- We pride ourselves on fast service for all electric, gas and solar hot water systems.
- Free delivery of your new hot water system and complimentary disposal of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.