Running out of solar hot water? No hot water at all? Leaking solar hot water heater? We’re here to help!
Emergency solar hot water repairs
There is nothing worse than being faced with a cold shower first thing in the morning or after returning from a long day at work. Don’t worry, for emergency solar hot water system repairs, contact our service technicians for same-day assistance. We’ll have you back enjoying hot showers in no time.
Scroll down to read common solar hot water repair problems.
EMERGENCY SOLAR HOT WATER REPAIRS
Common solar hot water repair problems
No solar hot water when it’s cloudy?
If you don’t have solar hot water when it’s cloudy or are experiencing intermittent solar hot water supply, there could be a problem with your solar hot water backup system.
When customers experience trouble-free hot water when the sun was shining but, when skies were cloudy or there were a few days of low sunshine, they very quickly ran out of hot water or had none at all, a fault with the solar hot water backup system is usually the cause.
First we need to explain briefly how solar hot water systems work… Solar water heaters absorbing energy from the sun’s rays in the roof mounted solar collectors and transfer this to heat water stored in a storage tank. For times when skies are cloudy or there are prolonged periods of low sunshine, all solar hot water systems come with a gas or electric back-up system. The backup system continues to supply hot water when the sun’s energy isn’t available or strong enough.
For more information and advice specific to your problem, contact our solar hot water repair specialists for advice. We’re here to help. Our trucks carry thousands of replacement parts for all solar hot water systems so it is usually a quick and relatively simple repair.
Solar hot water system damaged in a storm or hail?
In Sydney, we can experience fierce and violent storms all year round. Every year wind, rain and hailstones cause millions of dollars of damage to Sydney homes and cars. Rooftop solar hot water systems are sometimes one of the casualties of our fierce Sydney storms and we know to expect an influx of phone calls after such an event.
The team at Cheapa Hot Water are preferred and authorised solar repair service technicians for most insurance companies. We’re often be seen on rooftops across all Sydney suburbs undertaking solar hot water repairs after a fierce storm or hail has passed through.
Thankfully, the majority of damage cause to solar hot water systems are purely cosmetic and can be fixed quickly and inexpensively. After hail storms we often see hail dented rooftop water storage tanks – similar to the dents hail stones make to the roof and bonnet of a car. Sometimes the solar hot water tubes can be damaged.
If you’ve experienced storm damage to your solar hot water system, we are happy to liaise with your insurance company to initiate a fast repair.
Below are links to solar hot water repairs we have completed for residential and commercial customers across Sydney. Reading these may help you determine why you’re having problems with your solar hot water system. They also highlight common solar hot water system repairs we are called to.
- Get the right advice when your solar hot water system needs to be replaced »
- How we saved a customer $7,000 on her solar hot water repair »
- What’s the best solar hot water system for a garden flat?
Why we’re the Sydney solar hot water specialists
Hot water is our business and that’s why, when you deal with our highly-skilled, solar hot water specialists, you’re assured of service and expertise that is second to none.
- Hot water is our business and we are Sydney’s leading solar hot water specialists.
- Our fully qualified, licensed hot water heater repair specialists each have over 25+ years experience.
- We are accredited service agents for all solar hot water brands including Rheem, Apricus, Quantum, Edwards Solar, Solahart and more.
- We are a local, Australian-owned, family-run business offering reliable, old fashioned service.
- If your current solar hot water heater is beyond repair we offer free delivery of a new system and complimentary disposal (and recycling) of your old water heater.
- We are qualified to undertake all the plumbing and electrical work required to install a new hot water system. There is no need to waste money employing multiple trades.
- We have all the equipment needed to install your hot water system today. We don’t have to hire or wait for other trades to arrive with the required equipment.
SOLAR HOT WATER TIPS
For helpful advice about choosing the right solar hot water system, use the quick links below or simply scroll down.